Thursday, November 02, 2006

Absentee Voting rules changed and Missing Absentee Ballot Requests in Lucas County

I’ve gotten several emails on the settlement that was reached concerning the questions related to providing Identification for those voting by Absentee Ballot and those voting early in person. Today’s Toledo Blade provides the basic information on this settlement.

Here in Lucas County though there appears to be a very huge issue that no one is talking about. As most of you know I recently experienced some health problems so on that weekend, I decided to be on the safe side I was going to request an absentee ballot, because I had no idea how I was going to feel. I downloaded the form, filled it out and gave it to my husband who personally delivered it to the South Toledo post office on Byrne Road, South Detroit (I always confuse the two) he took the envelope inside that was clearly marked, “Absentee Voter Request”, and put it inside the mail slot for “In Town” mail. This was mailed on Monday, October 23, 2006.

If you are interested in this post it can be found here