Sunday, January 22, 2006

Round up of weekly alternative media

The Sojourner's Truth has a very excellent article by John Henry Livingston entitled "Are you prepared for change in 2006?". He's also offering a free seminar on Personal Time Management, more information can be found at his site, Whirlwindu.com. There is also a feature article about Sidney Ribeau that is very well written. The Sojourner's Truth does not have an online version but it's available in numerous locations in Toledo. Their contact number if you are having problems locating a place to pick it up is 419-243-0007.

On to the Toledo City Paper...This edition is the Wellness Guide for 2006 which contains alot of very useful information. As well, another appearance by the "mystery" writer we only know as Johnny Hildo to give us his view of City Politics last week.

La Prensa has an interesting article on the topic of undocumented immigrants in Spanish, so if you are rusty on your Spanish or are not lucky enough to live with someone who can translate for you? Babblefish does an okay job of translating this to give you the main jist of the article. Using the enter the URL of the webpage function is the easiest way to translate a large article.

Toledo Journal has an article on a speech by Marcy Kaptur where she shares her thoughts on the recent Toledo City Council Presidency election, scrapping her prepared speech which according to the article suprised many of the local politicians present.

The Toledo Free Press has several good articles, one in particular I found interesting was A Special Report on the smoking ban.

Thanks to my attending the Young Democrats of Lucas County meeting last week I found out about a radio program called "The Nookular Option" on WXUT, the University of Toledo's radio station, every Tuesday from 2-4PM, you can listen to the webcast at this linkat that time.

6 comments:

Scott said...

Hi, Lisa

Thanks for spreading the word about "The Nookular Option". Jeremy and I did our second webcast today. In the coming weeks, we'll be reaching out to alternative media to promote the show, and your blog has been a valuable resource of links for us. Thanks much,

Don W.

Unknown said...

Don, you are most welcome, I got to catch part of it today and will continue to listen. If you ever want to promote an upcoming guest? Just let me know, our alternative media is really important to me as a part of having a balanced exchange of ideas.

:-)

Lloyd said...

Lisa,

You have the wrong link for John Livingston. It is http://www.whirlwindu.com/

(you had a extra w in there)

I have attended John's class before and he is a good speaker and generally a great person. I would encourage anyone who can to patronize him.

Unknown said...

Thank you Lloyd, I must have been in a "w" mood - lol.

I signed up for email information because I thought his seminars looked interesting. Mainly for my daughters who really need better Time Management skills. It's nice to know someone who has seen him. I wish the article he wrote was online as it was very inspiring.

Lloyd said...

He does time management training and goal training. I went to a goals class of his at Cornerstone Church. He ocassionaly does a Saturday morning 2 hour seminar at the Church. I can let you know when he does one next. He does so both Christian and Secular training sessions.

Unknown said...

Thank you Lloyd, I would appreciate that very much.