Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WSPD's Brian Wilson slams Toledo Talk and blogs

Last week I was tempted to write about Brian, when I heard him state that he had given up on getting a certain Democratic Candidate for Governor on the air and that candidate had been offered enough opportunities to talk to Brian that he was no longer going to offer and that the candidate could "get screwed". I was going to point out that type of attitude was probably why most Democrats wouldn't go on his show. Yet, that was the day of the Young Democrats of Lucas County Unity Town Hall and Paul Hackett's visit so in the scope of important things to write about I didn't bother.

Then when I read this as part of the Toledo Free Press interview, it was too tempting to not write about Brian:

TFP: Did you follow the local Web blog comments about WSPD after Frantz was removed, on such sites as ToledoTalk.com?

Wilson: I haven't seen it, but every town has a blog, and they are generally populated by Kool-Aid drinkers, mouth-breathers, has-beens, never-will-be people and so on. It's a game that means nothing. It's generally a hobby for someone to masturbate their ego anonymously. I've been in this business 40 years. They're listeners. They have no clue how this business works.

I will agree with you on one thing Brian, I don't know how the radio business works, I do however know that it seems your MO is to generate controversy thru insults rather than substance. Hope it works for you but then again if it doesn't? No big deal if you get replaced, to quote you "... it's just like taking a boat out of the water. There is no hole."

The note of irony to me is that WSPD promotes Bob Frantz's blog, which is frequented by some of the very same Toledo Talk bunch. The Toledo Free Press promotes a monthly community forum with Toledo Talk members as well. All I could think of when I read that was? Ouch....

:-)

3 comments:

Lloyd said...

Hi Lisa! Congratulations on the new site ;-}

Unknown said...

Thanks Lloyd, I'm having fun with it.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Sorry Lisa,

As Brian Wilson is involved, this is a non-story.

Yawn...