Rather than wait till this weekend for my weekly alternative media round up, I wanted to point out that this edition is one of my favorites that the City Paper puts out each year. I always vote and this year over 2000 of us did.
Check out the winners in each category from food to talk show hosts, you might find a new spot or two you want to check out.
Just a sample?
Under local color:
Most trustworthy politician: He’s baaaack … Carty, that is. Mayor Finkbeiner might raise some eyebrows with his actions and words, but he earned our trust enough to garner the most mayoral and "best of" votes. We’re guessing deaf residents were not the majority of voters. Readers place last year’s winner, Marcy Kaptur, at second place on the trust-o-meter.
Toledoan most likely to throw rocks at a riot: No shocker here: Confrontational Carty takes the top prize, while Jack Ford may have snuck in a throw from the middle of the riot-minded crowd he found himself in.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
1 comment:
Lisa,
I'll have to look that article up!
(I don't always read the TCP like I do the TFP).
Post a Comment