I've written about my favorite place to eat on Toledo Talk but wanted to highlight that here. It is El Tipico Restaurant, 1444 South Ave in Toledo, Ohio. I have been going there since I was 8 or 9 years old, they have been in business for 38 years. Beyond the food always being excellent no matter what I select, and the fact they take such care with my one daughter who is a vegetarian it is a place of memories for me. Memories of my father because he's the one who used to take me there and it's the first restaurant that Miguel and I went to as a couple. The lack of a liquor license bothers some people, however that's never been an issue for us, infact it makes it even more of a family dining experience. I never miss a chance to enjoy their guacamole. Ironically, this week El Tipico is the featured restaurant in the Toledo City Paper. Eric Olsen does an excellent job in covering the many reasons why it's my favorite place.
I'd also point out when I first started this challenge I wasn't aware the County started a "Buy Local" emphasis almost a year ago...but it doesn't appear it went anywhere beyond the initial announcement.
Maybe this time it will, especially if we keep it going. All in all I'm glad I did this, I found some new places I want to try and once again confirmed that there are reasons why I love this area.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
2 comments:
I've been there at times when they are very busy, and other times when we were the only ones there. They also do a brisk carry out business.
Erin has been a vegetarian for two years this April. She was vegan at one point but has returned to eating some dairy products. Personally I think it was missing the sour cream that lured her back into at least that aspect of it.
It works for her and my theory is? More buffalo wings for me.
:-)
Lisa,
I don't get over to El Tipico to see old friends often enough.
The last couple of times, Only Frank and his Bride were there, Sarge was on the road.
They have spoiled me to the point that I've NEVER tried the so-called competition, since Aunt Lucy spoiled me with her magic ;-)
A great family, with great recipes, preparation, and atmosphere.
Good Food from Great Folks!
Post a Comment