Friday, March 17, 2006

Last I heard Frank Szollosi is a Democrat...

Yes, I am sure all of us know about the A Team verus B Team division in Lucas County. Yet I was visiting this morning to see if Mark Sobczak was added since his name was missed when the update was done to add Taylor Balderas and to change who the Mayor of Toledo was.

I'm going down the list of names which is alphabetical and I come to "S". I noticed Frank Szollosi is not listed. So then I checked the google cache of the page, even when the site had Jack Ford listed as mayor, Frank was not listed. Google cache link as of this morning.

It can't be as a reaction to Frank's letter in the Toledo City Paper in response to Jack Wilson's letter of last week, because this is not something recent it looks like it's been awhile and I am smacking myself for not spotting it earlier. (Full letter will be included in the comments so it will still be available after the next TCP comes out.)

Frank is involved in the Ohio Democratic Party, I do believe he's on the Executive Committee and he is also running for the State Central District 11 spot for Lucas County. It seems a bit petty to not include him as one of the Lucas County Democratic Office Holders. So who made this decision? Did Frank not want to be included or was he not included...Curious bloggers want to know...

pssstttt Lucas County Republicans...Joe Birmingham....you know that guy on Toledo City Council?...

I'm beginning to think you guys like me writing about this....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Frank's response to Jack Wilson from this week's Toledo City Paper:

You’re a naughty one, Saucy Jack
In response to "loco" Democratic Chair Jack Wilson last week [Mail, TCP March 8-14], he ought to join me in rallying our community together behind Ted Strickland for Governor for jobs and ethical government, instead of continuing to spread the hate. He spelled the names of his endorsees McCloskey and Sobczak wrong, by the way. And for him to ridicule my second successful election campaign for City Council - all I can say is that it sure beats the alternative ... 1997 Toledo City Council At-Large Results: (top 6 to be elected)
1. P. Ujvagi - 40.6 percent
2. G. Zmuda - 40.1 percent
3. B. Shultz - 38.7 percent
4. P. Gerken - 32.6 percent
5. Al McConnell - 30.8 percent
6. L.Escobar - 24.8 percent
7. P. Taylor - 22.3 percent
8. Sarantou - 18.5 percent
9. Stainbrook - 15.5 percent
10. J. Kuhlman - 13.3 percent
11. I. Ryan - 12.8 percent
12. (Dead Last) Jack Wilson - 11.7 percent

historymike said...

Yes, the A Team and B Team war is ugly right now.

Unknown said...

Sooner or later the Republicans are going to capitalize on their inability to unify. Then I guess they'll be forced to either work together or continue to finger point.

Personally if I were them I'd decide it's now or never time as far as putting this in the past. Yet given the LDP endorsed Carty for the District 11 State Central Chair seat over both Jack and Frank, rather than not endorse, that's a pretty large insult considering how many years Jack has had that position.

Anonymous said...

Hell, the National Democratic Party is split, why should we expect anything less from the Local democratic Party?

Just reading the comments on TT exhibits the deep division local democrats have on certain issues.

A team vs. B team....what ever happen to the Democrat team? With the democrats divided and the republicans non-existent or subcuming to the NOE conduits, maybe now is the time for a third party to enter the local political theater with a real shot of being elected.

Frank Szollosi said...

All the sanctioned Democrats had their names removed last spring. Looks like all are back except mine. Lost so much sleep...

Unknown said...

That's the point I guess for me Frank, is that when they added everyone else, they should have added you too. Same as updating, I don't think they realize how many people search the net for information on specific candidates. They could be a starting resource for information that would increase their presence.


:-)

KraZyKaT said...

I don't think they realize how many people search the net for information on specific candidates

Lisa is right Frank. When I started my own blog one of the first places I visited was the LCD website to see if there were contact links associated to the candidates.

I was able to find your contact because of your blog, however many less computer savy people do not even understand what a Blog is therefore may have never visted your site. They are simply looking for contact information.

Note: I just tried to bring up the LCD website an got this message:

Under Construction
The site you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.


Maybe they have heard your voice Lisa.

Unknown said...

Maybe they are KK, I don't mean to be a pest about it but it is something to me that's really important. How other people view our area is by what information we present on the web as well as those locally who may be just starting to have some political questions not to mention some of us who are more in the political junkie category.

It to me is a first impression and no matter which Party it is? I'd love to have that first good impression. Which doesn't necessarily mean they have to spend a lot of money, just provide complete and updated information.

:-)