Friday, March 03, 2006

Tim Wagener's website

Thanks to the Toledo Blade's article I discovered Tim's website. First what I noticed immediately it was done by the same person that designed Carty's website and is similar except for it being red. I'm happy he has a website so I'm not going to critique that cept to say...it's very red...

What should be noticed is who Tim has as his Campaign Chairs:

Mayor Marge Brown, Oregon
Mayor Stan Wielinski, Whitehouse
Mayor Chuck Peyton, Waterville
Trustee Gary Kuns, Monclova Township

His achievement page is well done and includes mention of the Maumee Theatre (which was and still is a favorite place of mine).

His endorsement page contains alot of endorsements, all of those listed are from outside of the City of Toledo. So it appears Tim is building on the concept that he is a candidate for the rest of Lucas County at this point.

I haven't talked with him or anyone from his campaign but, I wanted to include this as I will the other candidates for office as I discover they are on the web. Tim's website is also listed on the sidebar for future reference.

6 comments:

liberal_dem said...

His son, Tony, probably had a hand in the web design. Tony worked long hours in the Kerry '04 presidential campaign at the Dem headquarters.

Tim will have to overcome his parochial tag as mayor of Maumee, as you noted. I wonder if the Maumee Theater fiasco in the refusal to show 'Twist of Faith' will be any factor here as Tony was one of those who voted against the film.

liberal_dem said...

Need to correct an error: Tony is Tim's uncle, not son. Also, last line should read 'Tim' was against it.'

Saturday morning stupor, sorry.

Unknown said...

I don't think so lib_dem it was done by D. Ellen Critchley and follows the basic format of most of her designs, which isn't a slam, just a comment because when I clicked on Tim's I thought it looked familiar. Then I noticed the name. I personally don't like the red but then that's just me.

I don't think the refusal to show the film will have much of a bearing on the election. As disclosure...I'm catholic too and my preferred place of worshp is also St. Joseph's.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

"...it's very red..."

Indeed!

Maybe they could turn the color saturation down a bit and make it a kinder, gentler red ;-)

Q. Do you think that Tim will find resistance to the county voters putting a third Dem on the Board?

Q. Do you think that, because of its' proximity to Toledo, a Maumee candidate might be considered as "Toledo Light?"

Unknown said...

Good questions Hooda, I think there could be some concern about making it all three Democrats but on the flip side of that, electing a Republican with two Democrats creates what happened with Maggie Thurber. She was shut out of a lot of what happened. I think it really depends on each individual candidate and that is why no matter the party it has to be someone who can not only work well with others but could get things to rise above party politics when necessary.

As to Tim being considered Toledo Light...that I don't think will happen from the message he's sending with who he has as campaign chairs. If he is the preferred outside of Toledo candidate will that be enough to win? That will also remain to be seen. Will Ben especially get some of the out of Toledo vote? I don't know enough about Phil's plans to really guess when it comes to his campaign.

Personally, I've had the opportunity to hear more from Ben, and I like not only his energy but some of his ideas as well. I haven't heard from any of the other candidates yet to compare hopefully that will start to happen soon.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Well, let's hope that SOMEONE outside of Toledo makes it.

ALthough I favor Sarantou, I think his destiny lies elsewhere, like in 2009...