I do alot of websearching, so I have alot of websites saved as favorites; yesterday on Toledo Talk there was the question of how many Olympic Atheletes have come from this area?
I think you'll be amazed to see how much talent this area has as far as sports history. This is an older link but contains alot of really good information:
Local area atheletes
I've spent hours at Toledo's Attic if you've never visited? Stop by..
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
4 comments:
Toledo's Attic is a neat site. It was down for a while last year. I'm glad it's back.
;-}
I love history, especially the history of this area. When I was doing the research for my book that was a good starting point for me on some of the local items I was looking for.
What type of book are you writing?
The Toledo Library website has some nice stuff, along with the 3rd floor (local history section) of the Main Library.
I did a paper on the Commodore Perry Motor Inn and they some nice information, including paper clippings from 1920something when it was opened.
In fact, I might have to head down there tomorrow.
I finished the book and self published it about a year ago. It's called "In Memory of: The loved and the forgotten of Ohio.
I was trying to find out information on my father's family after he died and all I had as a starting point was cemeteries. I then discovered what a great starting point these older cemeteries were as well as trying to document some of the stories I found before these older headstones were no longer legible. So I ended up writing about other people and parts of the State from that older time period and what I found out about them.
Store link
Post a Comment