Monday, February 20, 2006

Lucas County Young Democrats Meeting

I'll put up the portion of the meeting where Sherrod Brown was speaking later tonight, and will put it below this. While I love Beaner's, the upstairs location was not conducive to good taping, I did take very extensive notes so when the house is a bit quieter (as in Aubrey is in bed) I will attempt to transcribe as many direct quotes as I can from my tape and notes. On a personal note, the Leprechaun Latte? A definite winner as far as taste.

However, there were a few things discussed that I felt deserved "individual billing":

Yearly memberships are being accepted to join the Lucas County Young Democrats, the cost is only $10.00 a year with a $5.00 a year membership offered to College Students. If you are over 35 and are interested in supporting this group? They offer an honorary membership for $50.00 a year.

On March 3, it will be LCYD Happy Hour at the Bronze Boar from 6 to 8 p.m. They not only invite you to attend but bring a friend or two! I'll be lurking in the back without a name tag. :-)

Jack Wilson of the Lucas County Democratic Party would also like you to know that on March 17th the Annual Jigg’s Dinner will be held, there is a donation of $15.00 for this event and it is one of the few fundraising events they hold each year. So all of you Lucas County Dems, make sure you mark your calendars. Click here for more information on this event.

The turnout for tonight's meeting was very good and as always I had a very nice time talking with those present and I thank Kevin Cooper and Jason Hill especially for making me feel so welcome.

No comments: