I love writing my weekly column, Blog it, Toledo! for the Toledo Free Press. I've never hidden that I have an ulterior motive in trying to get more Toledo area residents to not only read more blogs but maybe even consider blogging themselves.
Sometimes it's hard though, some of the blogs I've read especially on Myspace, share such deep emotional pain or distress that it feels like you are almost a voyeur. Some of them use language that isn't appropriate to link in a newspaper without some type of "adult rated warning" and others? Wow, people would be embarrassed if their latest drinking escapade made the Toledo Free Press.
That's where the decision of when to cross the line comes in. While part of me wants to hug some of those in pain, or remind a few that their party antics might not be something they want to share with the open internet? I have to temper that with what my main goal is, which is to want more of you to join me.
There are a few blogs I have my eye on that are sooo outrageous? Are tempting....very tempting....
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
3 comments:
I'm fairly certain nothing intelligent has ever been found on Myspace. It's where genius goes to choke to death.
There are a few Matt, especially some of the band pages, however most people don't use the blog function though that seems to be increasing with a few.
I'd also point out (teasingly) that I have a myspace page for Glass City Jungle. Where I play my theme song (lol)
:-)
Lisa,
That line you are referring to is almost non-existant for the current generations and will probably totally disappear in their lifetime, IMO.
Ah. for "the good old dayze..."
Post a Comment