Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekly Alternative Media Picks...

Taking a cue from Rod Stewart, The Toledo City Paper has some advice for Maggie Thurber in their article "Wake up, Maggie … I think I got something to say to you ?!!?"

Both the Toledo City Paper and the Toledo Free Press have articles on the DTI (Downtown Toledo, Inc) and DTID (Downtown Toledo Improvement District).

La Prensa details a recent press release from Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur's office on concerns in cuts in Veteran Benefits.

The Sojourner's Truth is not available online, but their February 1st edition is one I'd recommend you pick up. There are several very good articles including "Milestones in African American Scientfic Achievement" and "African-American Women at Risk: Domestic Violence, the Deepest Cut of All". If you have trouble locating where to pick up The Sojourner's Truth you can call them at 419-243-0007.

Don't forget to tune into one of Glass City Jungle's favorite radio programs, The Nookular Option, on WXUT via webcast every Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m.

Remember to look for my new webcolumn "Blog it Toledo!" brought to you by the very internet supportive Toledo Free Press which will come out on February 8th. Stacy Kess interviewed me and I can't wait to read her thoughts as well as your thoughts on this new web feature.

No comments: