The other day I read a post on Maggie Thurber's blog about some good news that had been released from the Regional Growth Partnership. There has been discussion about LCIC and how it could better be used, however, RGP has been around for several years. It also appears to have had some success, so wouldn't it make sense to better utilize what we had that was working?
http://www.rgp.org is their website. Head on over, check out what they offer and also while you are there read the Pdf of their Newsletter for April
Some other interesting news is also listed there, Economic Outlooks, and if you look at who the Board of Directors that make up Regional Growth Partnership?
List
Seems like this is less government more people, which is what many of us want, growth and businesses created and encouraged by those who have the most experience.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
4 comments:
Lisa - thanks for the link and for your interest in the good work of the RGP. I really like when you say:
Seems like this is less government more people, which is what many of us want, growth and businesses created and encouraged by those who have the most experience.
See how easy it is for liberals and conservatives to agree? :)
I'm glad you wrote about the news, or I wouldn't have started reading more from their website. Groups like RGP should get alot more attention. It is so easy to get caught up in critique mode rather than build up or promote mode.
I saw a comment on another blog the other day where he said "negativity drives blog traffic". While I understand where he was coming from, it also made me realize that's not what I want to be known for. If there is good news or someone does something right that should also be blogged about.
There are lots of things I think most of us can agree on, we just don't spend as much time on those topics as we probably should.
:-)
There are lots of things I think most of us can agree on, we just don't spend as much time on those topics as we probably should.
You're right!
They ARE an impressive bunch!
With all of that horsepower, I'll bet that they could get things done without talking or studying things to death.
And, although they are great in numbers, I suspect that they speak with but one clear voice.
Any bets?
Post a Comment