Monday, April 10, 2006

The Questions begin

The first question was to Phil Copeland, it was concerning the current questions regarding recent questions concerning the Union.

He really did not answer the question except to stress what the Union has accomplished.

Pam Haynam, as the Lone Republican how would she be able to get things done was asked. She stated she would remain a fiscal conservative and would continue to stress her "jobs, jobs, "jobs".

Ben took 30 seconds to respond. He stated that Bush and Taft's failed policies have added to the problems of this area and would both Pam and George still support both of them.

Question to Ben as to selling the regional tax including Wood County. He stated that if you pool entities together. He stated that if you do that it will create a situation where senior citizen taxes can be lowered.

George Sarantou, questioned on would he call for a full audit of other suppliers in addition to Columbia Gas. George stated it was time for changes at the PUCO and a serious look into why Gas prices are so expensive.

Tim stated in response to his question that he had the ability to work with various people and that you have to put your ego aside and work for the betterment of the community.

Phil took a 30 second response. He stated that he felt that no one outside of Lucas County would support a regional tax.

Should Lucas County voters support the Zoo Levy was the next question to Phil Copeland from Michael Miller. Phil responded that the zoo was a good family value. He didn't really answer yes or no.

Pam Haynam took 30 seconds to respond to the Zoo, she supports the replacement levy but not the capital levy. She doesn't feel we can afford to raise taxes by expanding at the zoo.

Her question was how she would be a fiscal conservative. She stated she felt you could be fiscally responsible without making severe cuts.

Ben asked again if George supported Taft and George Bush.

Ben next responded to a question concerning his goals, he stated that he is not a career politican.

George asked for 30 seconds, did not respond to Ben's question asked twice but gave information on the Zoo levy. He supports both of the issues for the zoo levy.

15 comments:

KraZyKaT said...

Phil's sidestepping his responsibilities towards recent Union descrepencies is another example of his ethics and honesty coming into question.

Anonymous said...

Just curious, did Pam or George respond to the question of whether they support Bush and Taft?

Maggie said...

perhaps Ben Konop should have been more interested in disguishing himself from his fellow democrats rather than trying to tie the Republicans down on issues of Taft and Bush...Makes one think he's more intested in "politics" than in the business of the county.

I like the response George gave that he'd rather talk about Lucas County issues than national issues.

Anonymous said...

Nevermind, already answered by Lisa.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

1-2-3 and turn
1-2-3 and turn
1-2-3 and turn...

Obviously a waltz.

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

With all due respect, I think the policies of Bush and Taft have a lot to do with the situation Toledo is currently in. Granted it is national politics, but I at least think that one who supports them and their policies would not be a good commissioner at the local level.

KraZyKaT said...

I am glad to see that at least 3 of the Candidates recognize the importance of the Zoo levies, but do not think that Pam has a clear understanding on what the Capital Improvement levy would mean to the overall success of the Zoo maintaining it facilities and how those facilities draw visitors increasing Gate Receipts

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Re: Tim Waggoner; he is almost as hard to take seriously as Phil Copeland.

Damn,

There's NEVER a gong around when you need one.

Anonymous said...

LOL - I like it hooda.

KraZyKaT said...

Too many generalities in Pam's statments but no specifics on how she would be fiscally coservative

Maggie said...

Anon - funny how every democrat thinks that our problems are all the result of Columbus and Washington issues and never the result of our own local governments...

I'm sure if the party control were reversed, the same would be true of the republicans....

Maggie said...

Pam said she'd start with eliminating the discretionary funds that the commissioners have...

Anonymous said...

You'd think Ben would focus on the questions at hand than trying to conjure up "Republican Hatred".

Given his misinformation he passed out last week combined with his lack of attention to the issues instead making his up own, the "vote" meter is falling far from him fast.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm an Independent. Although, I will be voting Dem this year. But, hey I did vote for you over Sandy!

I think the effect of our national and state policies has been apparent throughout the nation and state. At the moment I don't care for politicians with that ideology.

That's not to say that our local politicians don't share the blame. That's why I'm leaning towards Konop this year. At least he is a fresh face. I'd like to see what he does. I'm afraid I have a good idea what the others would do and I don't like it.

Maggie said...

Actually something Ben Konop said that I can support. He doesn't believe that government (commissioners) should have a discretionary fund.