I wouldn't have believed it if I had not have heard it, Carty was just on Channel 11 and stated that if Ben didn't win the May 2nd primary could be one of the names considered for Toledo City Council or Jeanine Perry?
Sigh...it's too early to even be thinking about Ben not winning the primary so to make that kind of a public statement by Carty I think is inappropriate. Granted I am not that close to Ben but he wants to be Lucas County Commissioner. And Perry? Double sigh...
(insert imaginary frowny face)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
9 comments:
Isn't Perry a State Representative? Would she have to step down from her seat? That would seem like a real big demotion for her...
She's not running for re-election, Matt Szollosi is running in the primary for her seat in the 49th Ohio House District.
So I guess it would depend on timing or if she was planning on running for the now open seat in the General.
I posted a comment in Progressive Toledo about this. Thanks, Lisa, for bring it to our attention.
Is Carty trying to sabotage Ben Konop's campaign? Or is Carty just a bonehead?
Thanks lib_dem I'll head over there later.
Anonymous, that is a very good question and one I wish I had the answer to. My initial reaction was "why in the blue hell would Carty suggest Ben now", I don't think it is based on trying to harm Ben's campaign I don't think he really thought about it, nor does it appear he talked to Ben about it before suggesting him.
Personally, there are other people who did run for City Council that you would think deserve to be considered before those who did not go for a City Council run are.
anonymous asked:
"Is Carty trying to sabotage Ben Konop's campaign? Or is Carty just a bonehead?"
Anon,
IMO, yes and yes.
That said, I think that there is a pretty good likelyhood that Bill..., err, Phil will get the Democratic nod on Tuesday, barring any unforseen independent thought on the "D" side of the primary.
Lisa,
If the Dems hold true to "tradition," I believe that Vasquez would be appointed to that seat.
Or, they would skip over all non Democrat vote getters in the prior election to get to the next Dem. no matter how far down the list they had to go.
I believe that the next higest vote getter (regardless of Party) should get the vacancy.
It SHOULD be the LAW.
SIGH. . .
I think Carty wants to give Ben Konop the city council seat because he's pals with Ben's Aunt Sandy.
If Ben loses tomorrow, it will be interesting if he will kowtow to the 'demands' of Irish, Wilson, and Montalvo.
I think Ben might have more moral character than this bunch of political bosses demand of him.
I don't think Ben is going to lose tommorrow, but if he does? I'd be very surprised if he was one of the ones who made an application for the temporary appointment.
It should go to someone who ran in the last election, if they apply for the position. If none of them do, which is highly unlikely then it would be appropriate to seek out other candidates. Granted things around here aren't always done the "right" way but that's how I see it as it should be done.
Post a Comment