According to sources at the Toledo Blade:
Toledo City Councilman Bob McCloskey was videotaped in a federal sting last week accepting cash in exchange for helping a businessman develop an amusement park in East Toledo, The Blade has learned.
Considering he is already facing civil and criminal charges for another incident this if true was not a smart move.
According to sources, Mr. McCloskey took $3,000 to assist a person seeking help with obtaining land and permits from the city for an amusement park project.
Asked to comment, Mr. McCloskey said, "I can't talk about it." Asked if he intends to resign from City Council, he said, "I don't know what I'm going to do."
My advice? Bob resign now....
UPDATE: Blade has City Council reaction.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
3 comments:
I was almost beginning to feel sorry for Bob, after the avalanche of piling on that has occurred of late.
When I was one of the few people (along with Lisa Renee, Dave Schulz, and Bob Frantz) last year publicly demanding that "Billboard Bob" and "Four Terms Bob" and "Bribery Bob" be held accountable, I thought I was on a righteous mission for political housecleaning.
Then the rest of the media woke up (after the election, of course), and I began to see him get regularly creamed in the news.
"Heck," I thought, "maybe he really IS being made a scapegoat."
I interviewed Don Monroe the other day, and he said that Bob McCloskey is one of the few politicians who really cares about the city and its residents.
After this news, though......
I'd better see what happens. This is a shocking disclosure.
Do, I appreciate you being loyal to someone, but if the Blade is reporting this and it's not true that is a huge problem. It's also a huge problem if it is true, especially given the current civil and criminal trial.
Bob is the only one who knows if this really did happen or not, if it didn't happen? I'd be more than happy to post about it, but all I have to go on is what has been reported. I totally agree he is innocent until proven guilty, yet I hope you can understand that this incident reported after the past two would make some people ask him to step down so that his side issues are not a part of what should be the operation of the City of Toledo.
People judge this area on the media they see, right or wrong, so while it would be great to have everyone wait until guilt in a court of law was determined, in the court of public opinion what is happening is harmful to Toledo, especially given the previous issues. If they had not happened? It would be easier to ignore.
do,
I admire your sticking by your friend.
And, let's hope that this is all one big misunderstanding.
I have no barbs to throw (this time) until an inevitable verdict it issued.
Post a Comment