I was emailed the link to this Cleveland Plain Dealer article on Learn and Earn's problem with some of the signatures they collected. Then I came to this paragraph:
The Summit elections board referred a number of petitions to the sheriff for investigation of fraud. One petition held signatures in the same handwriting. Another bore the names of dead people, officials said.
It is so stupid to do that kind of thing with petitions, they aren't going to get passed thru. No, I haven't changed my mind on Learn and Earn or my feeling on how they misled the public during the "branding" period. There also seems to be some concern they won't have enough signatures:
Elections boards across Ohio are checking signatures now, to validate that they came from registered voters. Learn and Earn has reason to be worried - little more than 4 in 10 signatures, an unusually low rate, have been validated in Summit and Cuyahoga counties, elections officials said Tuesday.
There also seems to be some concern as to the actual numbers...they don't add up:
On Monday, Learn and Earn asked Blackwell and six boards of election across Ohio to investigate why the number of petitions and signatures they have reviewed is less than what Learn and Earn said it gathered.
Summit, for example, reported it got 5,365 petitions with 57,160 signatures. Learn and Earn said it gathered 5,373 petitions with 60,631 signatures.
Learn and Earn says up to 13,000 signatures are unaccounted for. It fears that petitions were mixed with those for other statewide issues or were sent to the wrong counties.
It would seem no matter your feeling on Learn and Earn that the process of collecting and validating signatures could use some serious evaluation. That is important to address, these types of errors shouldn't be accepted as common place.
It also appears if Learn and Earn does have enough signatures to get on the ballot there will be no doubt at the polls as to what this proposed change to the constitution is about.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
4 comments:
I was interested to read that you've selfpublished your book. I did so as an eBook. I see you have a print book. How has that done and how succesful have you been in promoting it? Seems easier to write them than to sell them.
Regards,
Nick Borelli
Nick, I went thru Cafe Press and have been very happy with the quality of the book. They take care of everything from taking orders, printing out the book on demand, shipping and billing. They do of course make a larger profit on my book than I do but for me it was the easiest way to have my book in print.
I haven't really promoted it, beyond having a link on my blog and the mention of me being a published author. People are buying it, beyond family and friends, I never intended to make a large amount of money from the book so I am very happy with how it all has turned out, my main goal was to see it in print. If you are looking for a way to self-publish in print and don't want to pay any upfront fees? I'd recommend Cafe Press.
Let's hope that the dead will also financially support Learn & Earn ;-)
Is anyone surprised by this suspicous signature news?
Check it ou homes log siding suppliers if your building homes go to Http://siding11.com/side.pl?y=helper. butt if you want to learn to install siding then.....
Post a Comment