Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I love a happy ending...

Miguel and I went for a walk, and this chocolate lab comes up to us on Arlington, which is busy. The dog runs across the street, then back again almost getting hit. We look at each other, Miguel gets the dog and we bring her home. No ID tag but a Lucas County tag but the Dog Warden is closed for the day. While she is drinking large amounts of water I make up some found dog signs and off we head with Aubrey this time who of course wants to keep the dog and the dog to see if we can find anyone who a) recognizes the dog or b) at least hang signs.

As we walk down several streets near the house a van stops. It is the owner of the dog out driving looking for her dog. Dog and owner reunited, it seems someone unhooked their back gate and they didn't realize it when the dog went outside. We walk back home, taking the found signs we put up down.


:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a much nicer person than I thought. LOL jk

Dave Schulz

Unknown said...

Yeah, I just probably ruined my whole reputation by posting that.

:-)

historymike said...

YAYY!!!

(HM loves happy dog stories)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

A story worthy of Disney (Walt, not those thugs running the place now...).

A quick, happy & satisfying reunion for all!

(Well, maybe except Aubrey...)

Unknown said...

We do still have Quilla, and she's not even a year old yet. Quilla was probably very happy that we found the lab's owner, she did not appear to be very gracious about a new dog in her territory. So Aubrey does still have a dog, but of course in typical kid fashion, a new pet is more interesting than the old pet.

:-)