Saturday, August 05, 2006

Ribs by the River...







It was time for another TARTA adventure, this time Miguel joined me and down to Ribs by the River we went. More pictures can be found at the title link. Getting there was a piece of cake, right from the end of our street to almost right at the entry way into the event. It seemed like a decent amount of people were there during the almost four hours we were down there. The necessary food items of ribs, hand cut french fries and funnel cake were consumed with great gusto, especially the funnel cake (it's personal weakness of mine). Miguel went for the elephant ear...

The music was good, the weather was beautiful and I ran into an old high school classmate who recognized me so we chatted for a bit to get caught up on what has happened to since high school. Judy and her family are boaters so she was very happy that the Ribs by the River event had been planned. She stated she was very disappointed when the decision was made to move the Rib Off to Maumee since of course there is no boat access there. For them it's an all day affair and well worth the $35.00 they spend to dock the boat.

Besides political signs only one candidate was spotted, Bob Vasquez. I had heard he was there yesterday too but I don't know if anyone else was there that I didn't spot or was there earlier in the day.

All in all? It was a very enjoyable time though TARTA could make it much easier on new riders...I'm learning...

There's still one more day - tomorrow until 5:00 p.m. to enjoy Ribs by the River.

:-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Yes it was a great day to be outside and by the river. Both days were very good to meet folks having a good time enjoying themselves. We have many friendly and interested people in our city.
Next time you see me , please let me know who you are; I would enjoy talking to you 'live'.
Best to you and your family.
Bob

Unknown said...

We exchanged a smile, but you were busy talking with someone and I didn't want to interrupt. I will make it a point to introduce myself next time, and I agree it was a very nice event. One I hope was successful enough to repeat.


:-)

Mark said...

Lisa Renee,

I was busy doing some door to door work in Maumee today. I would have liked to get to the Ribs by the River, but I had to settle for Smokey Bones for dinner.

Bring your daughter out to the Monclova Homecoming Parade next Saturday, August 12. The parade begins on Black Road and ends in the Township Fire Department parking lot at Albon and Monclova Rd. We'll be #23 in the lineup so stop by and say hello.

Mark

Mark said...

Lisa,

I forgot to add that the Parade begins at 11 am on August 12. Sorry.

Mark

Anonymous said...

The Boyfriend and I ran down there at about 9:30 to grab some ribs to go. And then we got sidetracked by the Mud Hens. We toyed with the idea of sticking around for the fireworks, but since we didn't think to grab forks or napkins and we were hungry... :)

Wish we would have headed down there earlier, but today was a busy day with much "un-fun" stuff.

Unknown said...

Mark, unfortunately I won't have my daughter next weekend. Her father is taking her to one of the Sandusky water parks, but I'm planning on going so maybe we'll finally meet in person. :-)

Val, I would have eaten even more ribs however in the more ribs V funnel cake...the funnel cake won. :-)

Miguel and I haven't done much "fun" stuff recently. The Democratic Reunion was fun but with the move and then the car repair adventures we haven't had much "couple time" so that was an awesome thing about yesterday. Another advantage of riding Tarta you don't have to worry about keeping your eye on the road.

Unknown said...

Activ8er link for anyone curious about my bright lime green bracelet.

As opposed to my other wrist that is not showing that has my blue One Human Family and my blue Make A Wish and my watch..which is thankfully blue...

I mean it's obvious I care about my color choices given the lime green one. :-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Glad to hear that you made it there and had a good time.

I had heard thought (RUMOR) that most vendors had put way too much "Carty Spite" in their sauces though :-O

We'll be testing the ribs at the Maumee RibOff this weekend; a tastier affair, as usual ;-)

No "Carty Spite" allowed this weekend.