Thursday, July 20, 2006

Michael Goulding's website unveiled...

Michael Goulding who is a judicial candidate for the Lucas County Common Pleas Court, has created an informational website that might be of interest to many of you.

It is linked in the title and will be added to the sidebar listing of candidates of NWO, which is growing.

:-)

10 comments:

liberal_dem said...

I note that Goulding does not identify himself as a Republican on his website. His is a partisan race and, to be sure, his opponent, Jim Nussbaum, will be reminding the voters of his Democratic Party connection.

Unknown said...

Michael Goulding is not running against Jim Nusbaum. Stacy Cook is campaiging for the same term Goulding is. Nusbaum is up against Jennings.

Unknown said...

I don't think we are on the same page with this one LD, so here's why I think what Michael did is noteworthy.

Most judicial candidates don't even have an informational website, it is much more difficult for all of our judicial candidates because they have more stringent ethical requirements in a campaign.

Voters in this area need access to information on candidates. Judicial races especially do not get the type of media attention most times that more visible races like Commissioner or City Council get. Which is unfortunate because our judicial system is very important.

People searching for information on Michael Goulding now will have it. Every week I get visits here because people are searching for information on some of these candidates. I realize you are not a big proponent of the internet being successful here in this area as a campaign tool. Yet as an informational tool there is nothing more immediate than the internet. You see a camapaign commerical, you see a campaign sign, you meet a candidate somewhere then get curious about them - the internet gives you the ability to any time or day get more information on that candidate.

To me the first step in having an informed electorate is giving them access to information. I hope that as the campaign season progresses other candidates, especially judicial ones also offer information to the voters of Lucas County. I know a few are considering it.

Considering Michael linked the interview that I did with him, if he was trying to hide being a Republican he's not doing a very good job. I'd also point out that while Jim Nusbaum is campaigning he is not focusing on being a Democrat as the main reason he should be elected. He's campaigning on his experience and how he feels that would make him an excellent judge. I haven't met Stacy Cook yet but I'm sure her campaign will also be based on what experience she feels she would bring to the court system as a Judge.

It is then up to voters to decide how they will select our judges, partisanship only? Experience? Or a combination of the two.

liberal_dem said...

My mistake. The point I'm making is that Republicans in Lucas County have to 'hide' their party allegiance. I don't think Kaczala has "R" on his sign and I know that Betty Shultz did not.

Of course I understand the political demographics of Lucas County. Yet to hide one's political affiliations seems devious to me.




I realize you are not a big proponent of the internet being successful here in this area as a campaign tool.

Whoa! Your assumption is wrong here, Lisa. Why would I, as a blogger, not wish to communicate through the internet? Have I said that in one of my comments or posts?

Unknown said...

LD, we have discussed this several times. It would be probably more accurate to have stated the candidates you have worked with do not seem to see the value of the internet as a campaign tool instead relying on the more traditional:

NW Ohio is newspapers, signs, fliers, and phone banks, along with union endorsements

So, I apologize for not making that more clear as the past discussions we've had gave me the impression that it is not something you have pushed and that you have stated that you don't think this area or the candidates are ready to better utilize the net when it comes to campaigns. Since you are or have worked directly with campaigns you are in a different position than I am so I should have separated your relating of experiences from your personal opinion.

As for the not using the R when it comes to Michael Goulding, I don't think you can compare him to Larry running for Auditor. Larry doesn't have to concern himself with following Canon 7.

liberal_dem said...

NW Ohio is newspapers, signs, fliers, and phone banks, along with union endorsements

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Yes, I said that and as you have pointed out, that has been the history of our politics here in mudville.

I note that the following candidates for local office do not yet have a website:

Kaczala
Santiago
Sarantou
Vasquez

I see that they are all +50 years old as well. I think that this speaks to my quote above.

Anonymous said...

Larry has a site at www.kaczala.com

Unknown said...

Thanks anon - I'll add it to the sidebar.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Hmmmmm, somewhere, I'm sure that I've visited Sarantou's web site.

Maybe it was here?

Unknown said...

http://sarantoufortoledo.com

Was his website but it doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: SARANTOUFORTOLEDO.COM
Created on: 09-Aug-05
Expires on: 09-Aug-06
Last Updated on: 10-Aug-05