It could be that a blogger some of you like just might be a part of an I-Team story on local cemeteries. It probably will only be a small part of the overall report if at all but rumor has it that this person wrote a book on cemeteries and Ohio history and she shared some of the information that she has on some of the destruction she has personally seen. Even if she doesn't make it into the final piece from what I've seen it is one that will def be worth tuning in for.
Some of her new neighbors were curious as to why the 13 ABC news vehicle was at her house...which thankfully was presentable enough for an interview to be filmed.
I'll let you wonder who it might be...
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
9 comments:
Shhhhh!
Didn't you read the email?
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!
(Picture of cat walking out of an overturned grocery bag...)
:-]
lmao - actually I heard one of the cats was a royal pain. He was loudly announcing his presence and hopefully the microphones didn't pick him up. "She" locked the puppy up thinking that would be the critter who caused trouble.
:-)
Now, just a cotton pickin minute here. A book on cemeteries and Ohio history? Details, please? This sounds interesting.
Jeffrey - over on the sidebar there is a link that says "buy my book" if you want to see what the cover looks like and the brief description.
How it happened was my father died in 2001 and I did not know much about his family history. I knew quite a bit about some parts of the family but not his father's side. I set out in 2003 and 2004 to find information on them, I had in mind writing a book but figured it would be just based on family history for my children and their children. Well, I didn't find much about my father's family but I did start to see headstones or groupings of headstones that made me wonder about those persons or those families. We traveled all over Ohio and the book is about that experience and what I could find about these people who the majority of had died before the 1900's thru old history books, tax records, census records. It's not a huge history type book, it's only 76 pages and maybe someday I'll be able to do something as far as printing the pictures I have that are in color. I grayscaled them for the book because to try to self-publish a color book the price would have been astronomical. That's the brief version of how the book came about and what it is about.
:-)
I always figured the book was about politics. There's only so much of that I can handle. This I have to read. You now join the great John Francis Marion of Philadelphia among the people I know who have written books about cemeteries.
Hmmmm...who could it be????
radio - tv - what's next?
Can we all say we knew you when?
lol - Yes you may Maggie, though I am sure I'll be a very tiny part of the story it was fun to talk to Ronnie about one of my non-political obsessions.
:-0
Thanks Do, history and my interest in cemetery preservation is something I should focus more on. It's a huge part of the non-political junkie side of me that not many knew about. Ronnie did an excellent job with the creation of the investigative report.
:-)
Post a Comment