Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Blog it, Toledo and tears...

Okay, so I am a cry baby. I admit it. Here I can try to debate/discuss without getting emotional yet there is another side of me in the real world where I cry during movies even when I've seen the movie before. When I saw the title for Traci Curth's piece in this week's Writers Workshop. All dogs go to heaven I had a sneaking suspicion this wasn't going to be about the movie. (Which made me cry.) I'm not going to give details away, cept to say...it made me cry and Traci did a good job in conveying feelings that many of us have experienced.

Michael Miller's article is also well done as always and he didn't make me cry this week.

Kate Oatis writes some news I had missed about a great website that won a Webby Award.

As a reminder, this Saturday is the Walk for Wishes, I'm participating as a part of the Toledo Free Press team. If you'd like to make a donation you can visit here it lists all of the team members and me (hinting). To those of you who have already donated? A big thank you. Warm wishes that I will actually not be the last walker to arrive are also appreciated in lieu of donations.

Make sure to pick up this week's copy of the Toledo Free Press where there is much more to read and for those following my su do ku inabilities? Erin, who is one of my daughters, who rocks at su do ku, gave me some intensive su do ku training over the weekend. I have grasped the concept...

:-)

2 comments:

Traci said...

It appears that I am making many people cry today....sorry! :( But that was one of the most difficult columns I've ever written...so if it touches even a few people it will be worth it!

- Traci

Unknown said...

Traci, I'm glad you wrote it too, and it was very well done. Being able to create that type of emotion in readers deserves kudos even along with the tears.

:-)