Tuesday, May 09, 2006

For the John Kerry fans...

Something that I hadn't read in the papers yet that the Ohio Democratic Party has announced:






No other details at this point, I'll provide them if I get them.

:-)

UPDATE: Well if you thought paying $150.00 to hear Senator Obama in June for the State Democratic Dinner was pricey? Tickets to the private reception with John Kerry are $250.00 - if you want to get into the rally? It's not free. It's a $10.00 donation.

For further information contact: LCDP 419-246-9301

9 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,
I'll be interested if the event will be "Bring Your Own Pie," or will they be provided?

(Hooda, ducking and covering)

Unknown said...

Sorry Hooda I don't think there will be any pie. (tsk tsk) I seriously doubt I'll be invited to the private reception and I'm not sure if I'll go to the public rally. It's the same day as the Walk for Wishes and that to me is my first priority for May 20th.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Who's going to go see the guy who blew it for the Democrats last year? The fact that it is a "rally" is pretty embarassing.

Unknown said...

Well, he must still have fans here else I don't think it would be arranged for him to have a rally. I don't have many details, there isn't any information on the Lucas County Democrat site, I read this on the Ohio Dem Party site.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Strickland will be there as well as the Who's Who of Ohio Democrats.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anon, I wasn't aware Strickland was coming as well - the only information I had was the little graphic.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

"It's the same day as the Walk for Wishes and that to me is my first priority for May 20th."

Oh yeah, I forgot. You've got something worthwhile to do with your time ;-)

Although I doubt that I'd be welcome, I too have plans. I have to wash my hair.

(FWIW, them would have been throwin pies...)

Although, on second thought, that would have been a very poor use of the pies.

A sharply written, easily ignored email could have provided the same amount of satisfaction, yet in a somewhat more civil manner.

Unknown said...

That's why I titled it "For the John Kerry Fans".

The Walk for Wishes is going to end way before the rally starts so if I can still walk by then (lol) I might head down there.

I've never heard Ted Strickland speak in person, and I'm sure since it's going to be that long there will probably be quite a few others who speak as well.

Lloyd said...

Lisa,

Did you catch West Wing a couple of weeks ago? I won't spoil it if you didn't, but they showed the afterlife of losing a Presidential Election and I wonder if Kerry went through the same treatment.

In this episode, the loser goes to Starbucks and orders a coffee. The cashier asks the candidate his name, and there is a moment of embarrassment for him (and the viewer)

I wouldn't mind going to check Kerry out, but I admit it would be low on my priority list.