Saturday, May 20, 2006

Walking for Wishes

Miguel and I just got back from our first time participating in an event like this. Yes, I managed to walk the whole route and wasn't the last person to arrive back. (woohoo me moment) Though the rest of the Toledo Free Press Team could have probably ran circles around me, it was an awesome feeling being involved. More importantly seeing that many people turn out to support the Northwest Chapter of Make-a-Wish was an inspiring experience. Even Mayor Carty Finkbeiner was there to make a short statement and to thank people for supporting this great organization.

Seeing some of the houses in that area that are being fixed up was nice and me being the talkative type had quite a bit of fun on the route with those behind and in front of us. This is something Miguel and I would definitely do again and I have linked their website up above for anyone interested in seeing how huge of an impact this organization has on the lives of children in Northwestern Ohio.

5 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Congratulations Lisa, way to go!

liberal_dem said...

Good work, Lisa. I defered to my neighbor to do the walking and accepted the arduous task of writing a check.

Unknown said...

Thanks Hooda and thanks again for your help. :-)

Lib_dem, that's what I've done in the past too so it was a new experience for us. Granted not for this particular event because it was the first time they've done this Walk for Wishes, but especially for the Bike to the Bay.

I've set that as a future goal to aim for but I know that is going to be more difficult than the walk.

Those who donate are an important part of this, as well as the many volunteers who showed up yesterday to make this event happen. I think they did an excellent job for it being the first time and as I wrote, Miguel and I will definitely do it again next year.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for attending!! wasnt it so great to see all of those people there?!? i was a volunteer and it just made my heart happy seeing all those great people there for 11 Kids who they might not have even known

Unknown said...

Amanda, it was fantastic and kudos for volunteering. You guys helped make it the success it was.

:-)