No, not me; Bob Vasquez's application! As liberal_dem pointed out in the comments this morning's Toledo Blade contains this information:
Bob Vasquez is a candidate, after all, for the vacancy on Toledo City Council, a Lucas County Democratic Party official said yesterday.
Domenic Montalto, the party’s executive director, yesterday said Mr. Vasquez turned in an application either late Friday or early Saturday.
That's still a difference in the timeline since it was stated Bob turned in his application on April 28th but? At least it has been acknowledged as received.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
6 comments:
...and because of this 'lost' application, Vasquez looks as if he made a last-minute decision to run for the seat.
Nice trick, Montalto. We know that it is difficult for him to accept an [hold your nose] 'A Teamer's' application.
Now that it's been officially received, Montalto must be working feverishly with Carty, Wilson, and Irish to set up 'the perfect' screening committee for Vasquez.
Maybe they were hoping that Bob would get so frustrated with the process that he wouldn't even try to screen. Realistically though as Frank pointed out, the decision is up to City Council. I'm thinking that the smart way of doing this would be to email or phone Toledo City Council members and urge them to consider Bob since he was the next person with the highest number of votes.
While we can't of course predict who people would have voted for had Bob McCloskey not run, Bob's numbers should count for something.
Good advice, Lisa:
Toledo City Council
At least, with Bob's application in the pile they HAVE to consider him.
However, considering and choosing can be worlds apart in Toledo politics.
Q. Is "Toledo politics" an oxymoron? Sometimes, it seems like it is, to me...
And, Lisa's right, Bob's finish in the election should count for something, but it probably won't.
Now if the next most popular finisher were a republican, it wouldn't mean a damn thing. . .
I can see replacing a Democrat with the next highest vote getting Democrat. If it was a Republican seat I'd believe it should go to the next vote getter that was Republican.
However, I think we all realize that's not the way it works. Maybe that's the next thing that needs to be done is to talk about what the written policy is versus what it should be.
:-)
Lisa,
"If it was a Republican seat I'd believe it should go to the next vote getter that was Republican."
With a democratic council majority, I sincerely doubt it.
I vaguely recall way back when this very... although, I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact details.
But, I am quite sure that Logic and Politics have NEVER met... ;-)
Post a Comment