Sunday, May 28, 2006

Mark Dansack for Ohio House District 46

Thanks to a commentor here on Glass City Jungle, I became aware that Mark Dansack is running against Republican Mark Wagoner for District 46. I had the opportunity to speak with Mark tonight and he is in the process of creating a web presence so more information on that will follow. Some important information from his press release:

Dansack says his campaign will concentrate on ethical concerns spawned by 12 years of one party rule in Ohio; educational funding reform; job creation and retention; and the retraining of displaced workers.

Many issues inspired Dansack to join this race. For example, in his current position aiding injured workers, Dansack speaks daily with clients who are incensed that their benefits will be cut before there is resolution regarding the failed investments and scandal within the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. Additionally, the lack of action on part of the state legislature to reform the education funding process, declared unconstitutional a decade ago, fueled his candidacy. Dansack feels passionately about the need to shift the brunt of the funding burden away from property owners who are increasingly asked to bear responsibility . Finally, Dansack knows from experience of the need for effective programming to retrain workers, as he was one of five-hundred employees displaced when a major manufacturer left the Toledo area.

“Ohio continues to lag behind the rest of the country with respect to employment as thousands of good-paying manufacturing jobs have been lost in the past five years. After 12 years of Republican dominance, controlling the executive and legislative branches, we continue to fall behind and there seems to be no sense of urgency from the current leadership. Ohioans deserve better.”

I think we all agree Ohioans deserve better, if you'd like to help Mark accomplish this goal, you can email him at:

dansack4rep46 @ buckeye-express.com

More as it becomes available.

:-)

11 comments:

Frank Szollosi said...

Mark is in one of a handful "pick-up" seats for Democrats this year. It was drawn to lean Republican, but Democratic performance is a very competitive 48% - in the year of the rat (Tom Noe) - Mark Dansack could very well have what it takes...

glad to see he's reaching out to the e-flunetials here on GCJ...

Any Democrat or otherwise disgusted voter would do well to send him a check, walk a precinct, or make some calls for Mark. Wouldn't it be great to win Tom Noe's House District this fall!

Unknown said...

That's the first time anyone has called this place e-fluential, thank you Frank.

:-)

I too hope he gets lots of local support.

Anonymous said...

Let's not let emotions cloud the fact Mark Wagoner has been one of the most effective members in the House during his FIRST term. I am honored to be represented by him!

Disclaimer: i AM a democrat.

Anonymous said...

do-

Mark is beyond thoughtful, he's also genuine.

I can't think of another elected official who has accomplished as much in his first term, especially the long overdue MUO/UT merger.

Unknown said...

If you look anon - Mark Wagoner's website is listed here. If Mark Dansack wants to run which it's obvious he does, shouldn't voters have a choice? Mark W would have been unopposed.

If you prefer Mark W? That's fine but at least you do know now that Mark D is running and more information will follow for those who want to check him out.

This blog is not just about who I support, it's about this whole area and being the most informed voters we can be.

I don't agree with some of his votes but he has sponsored some bills that have been in my opinion helpful/important. I do pay attention even though I'm not district 46 anymore.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Mark W has been a sure vote for the Ohio Republican House Leadership. After the BWC lost millions with its Noe and other poor investments, the GOP railroaded a bill through (SB 7) to take away more from the injured workers to help make up for the losses. Wagoner was right there with his Republican cohorts to protect his party, not the people. He may be a nice guy, but I'd like to see a little more independence. Electing Mark D would certainly send a message about the Republican corruption.

Anonymous said...

This election is about the future of Ohio. If you are satisfied with our loss of manufacturing jobs, the lack of a solution to the education funding crisis, and with the level of scandals we've seen in the recent past, vote for the status quo.

If, however, you think Ohio and District 46 can do better, I urge you to take a look at Mark Dansack. He is not a typical politician and has life experiences which are different than anyone else running for office.

Send them a message that one party rule in Ohio has not worked for the hard working men and women in this state.

Anonymous said...

A Democrat from Lucas County talking about the dangers of "one party rule?" Isn't this the same local party that gave us McCloskey and Kest and Copeland over the last few years? Democrats in this county running on ethics is a joke. Whoever this guy is better find some real issues.

Unknown said...

I'd suggest there is room for improvement on the topic of ethics in both local parties.

Anonymous said...

I think Mark Wagoner is terrific. I cannot imagine voting for anyone but him. He is probably the best republican out there. Good luck on Nov. 7, Mr. Wagoner!

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,
”Dansack says his campaign will concentrate on ethical concerns spawned by 12 years of one party rule in Ohio”

Cheap shot, but not unexpected…

”; educational funding reform”

Okay, I’m interested, VERY interested.

”; job creation and retention”

Party line crap.

”; and the retraining of displaced workers.”

More Party line crap.

Later on…

”Dansack feels passionately about the need to shift the brunt of the funding burden away from property owners who are increasingly asked to bear responsibility.”

Now we’re getting somewhere!

Too bad he’s running for Dist 46 and I’m in 47… :-(

But, it is a start. . .

And, you're 100% right about the ethics of both parties needing improvement.