According to 13abc news:
WTVG-- May 5, 2006 - Slated for a 2007 opening, the renovated shopping area is being developed by the man behind Levis Commons.
Today, we unveil the preliminary artwork for the shopping area that will be called "The Village at Southwyck."
Developer Larry Dillin has laid out a $100 to $150 million design plan to redevelop the mall. It will include two anchor stores, smaller retailers, restaurants, office space and luxury apartments.
I'm sure more will come later in the day from WTVG and other local news sources. Could this plan be the one?
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
6 comments:
I've asked this question elsewhere, too, Lisa...but I can't help wondering how anyone is going to redevelop Southwyck without gaining ownership or having the support of the owner. That question is curiously absent from all the reporting on the topic.
I hope that something can be done, but owner interest is what's been lacking in the past.
They haven't released complete details yet. Will this just end up being another idea for Southwyck that isn't realized is a concern.
I'm not ready to jump up and down to celebrate, especially since there doesn't appear to be confirmed anchor stores but it's worth paying attention to.
Yes if Southwyck were in a better weather area. But I can't believe this is the answer to their problems.
I remain skeptical, having seen too many "THIS IS IT!" announcements about Southwyck in the past.
That's understandable Do, I've lost count of what number plan this is.
:-)
"THIS IS IT!"
Yawn..., okay. . .
Post a Comment