Monday, July 17, 2006

Thanks Maggie, WSPD and more...

Thanks again to Maggie Thurber for having me on as a guest today while she is filling in for Brian Wilson. Welcome to those of you heading over to visit to see what's going on over here at Glass City Jungle.

As I said on air, my main goal is to provide information, discussion and to encourage as many people as possible to read blogs. I see blogging as a way to compliment media, especially when it comes to candidates and issues. Besides Dave Schulz who I mentioned on air, I also want to mention other candidates who have helped influence what Glass City Jungle has become. Ben Konop who made my introduction to some of the UT College Dems and Lucas County Young Democrats organization possible, and his support of blogging has been important. Frank Szollosi also been not only a resource of information for me but has supported blogging and this site. I appreciate those who have participated in interviews thus far; Mark Bula, James Nusbaum, and Michael Goulding. Also those who are yet to be interviewed, because without the candidate support of blogging I've received some of what I do here wouldn't be possible. I also give lots of credit/thanks to Michael Miller, the editor of the Toledo Free Press for giving me the opportunity to not only live blog debates but the weekly Blog it! Toledo column.

Then of course the people who visit and comment here, because without you it would just be me blathering on. It really is about all of us and while we may not always agree on who we are going to vote for or how we stand on an issue; we all share the desire to make the Glass City area the best it can be. I'd also like to point out a new site that I didn't get a chance to mention on air that you'll see listed in the "Political/Action Sites" section, As Ohio Goes is a new blogging community for all of Ohio that had it's official release date today.

Thanks also for the emails and the phone calls about the interview. I didn't say "exactly" at all but depending on the source I said "um" two or three times.

:-)

As an update...if you are interested in the Townhall article Maggie was referencing it can be found here.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Lisa - thanks for being a guest and for highlighting political issues. I had several positive comments about our discussions - hope it results in more people becoming knowledgable and involved.

thanks for a terrific conversation!

Unknown said...

You did a great job, from start to finish.

:-)

liberal_dem said...

Kudos to both of you. Each of you had many facts at your fingertips and you represented us bloggers quite well.

Anonymous said...

As always, Lisa Renee, "You done good."

Lloyd said...

darn, I missed it although I am sure you did great!

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,
You and Maggie just took blogging and bloggers to a higher level, for this we are grateful.

"As I said on air, my main goal is to provide information, discussion and to encourage as many people as possible to read blogs."

Does this make you a blogvangelist?

:-]