Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dave Schulz makes it official...

Just received this Press Release:

Dave Schulz Comments On Today’s City Council Meeting

Today City Council appointed Lourdes Santiago to fill the vacancy created by jail-bound Bob McCloskey.

Schulz, who chose not to apply for the vacancy because the process became so undignified and dirty, took out petitions Monday to run for the unexpired term in November.

Schulz stated, “Obviously this process wasn’t about selecting the best person. It came down to who the mayor could control. The people are growing tired of the Democratic party in-fighting. They are ready for someone who has convictions and is willing to speak truth to power.”

Schulz, who ran unsuccessfully for council in 2005 garnering nearly 21,000 votes, uncovered some of the corrupt and deceptive actions of McCloskey and others and fought to defend the city’s term limits provision is ready for the campaign.

“I wish Lourdes good luck on council but I will see her in November.”, Schulz declared.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well well well... now seeing that I'm going to be living in the inner toledo region come summer time I can actually vote for someone worthy of my vote. Go get'em Dave.... My vote is yours.

Anonymous said...

After living in the springfield/holland area for over six years - it feels good to move to toledo and experience the changes that are to come in the near future.

Unknown said...

Maybe we'll start a trend of people moving back into Toledo from the burbs...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Miguel. Having the support of you and others makes the campaign gratifying and rewarding. I had to click on your site to see who this was. Yes, you guys can start a trend. You two and those 10 mystery jobs that are coming back.

Dave

Anonymous said...

All together now... UUURRRBAN UUURRRBAN UUURRRBAN. You are very welcome - I have met you personally and I consider you to be one of the few great politicians in the area.
Once again good luck.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we'll start a trend of people moving back into Toledo from the burbs..

Hey, you two... I started that trend in 2003 when I moved to west Toledo from Maumee. But I'll gladly let you follow in my footsteps. ;)

Unknown said...

Well there we have it, we are following Val's trend. Who I already know has excellent taste.

:-)

liberal_dem said...

Thanks for your honest comments about the so-called Council vote today, Dave. You are a man of conviction and high standards. I wish you well in your race.

Brian Maxson said...

And to think I was going to die before I actually saw ethically viable politicans in Toledo.

It's a shame they're running against each other.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments Lib and Dan. Look forward to a fun campaign. Good luck too and it will be a good campaign. You gotta love Toledo politics.

Dave

Anonymous said...

And, it's off to the races!
Competitive races for elective offices by an equal number of good qualified candidates are healthy to the political process. And, while it may not be the standard, it is possible for political opponents to actually be friends with respect for one another.

Anonymous said...

Thanks squeak!! That gets my blood pumping this morning. Certainly, you can get a hold of me at www.davidschulz.com if you would like to help during the campaign. The site isn't changed over for this race but you can still contact me that way and I will keep you posted on the campaign. Thanks again.

Dave