
The House above and the land it is on is evidently involved in an eminent domain situation here in Toledo. I read about it on the upcoming City Council agenda for July 11, 2006
Proceed with eminent domain vs. Robert M. West at 250 Dulton for Holland-Sylvania widening
I started trying to look to find more information, as to how much land is going to be taken, etc, the current lot size is 100 feet frontage and 160 feet in depth. Then I discovered an Agenda Summary update from May 9th
Res. - Declaring eminent domain for purchase and easement at 250 Dulton for Holland-Sylvania Improvements
It then states: Adopted
Adopted by who? It lists on the Index
Dulton, 250, eminent domain R-295, 552
However, I could not find the City Journal information on this. Lourdes Santiago is listed as the person on the July 11th agenda, I'm assuming because she is the Chair of the Environment, Utilities & Public Service Committee but she doesn't have a city email address on her webpage. So, I contacted Betty Shultz since she is the Vice Chair.
I wanted more details such as how much land is being taken as well as what type of financial consideration is being given to Mr. West. I'd also like to know Mr. West's position on this. I was unable to contact him but will continue to try to reach him to see if he wants to go on record as to this situation.
This one incident demonstrates how difficult it is to get information on what City Council has adopted or is considering. It shouldn't be this hard to find out something that City Council is going to act on or has acted on. Personally I believe much of the concern and at times controversy that surrounds possible City Council actions would be extremely diminished if people could easily access more information about these agenda items.
3 comments:
Too busy, I'll be glad when all of our house drama has ended and we can start moving.
This real life stuff is getting in the way of my blogging which of course is made more difficult by the hoops you have to jump thru to even get basic information. But...you already know what that is like first hand.
:-)
Most of what City Council does is behind closed doors.
Sure Lisa, if they make Council's shenanigans transparent and the next thing you know, you'll be expecting to sit in on the doings over at the Board of Ed.
You know, all of this "light of curiosity" is beginning to make some very important people very nervous. . .
:-)
Post a Comment