I heard this thru several people and mean to post about it sooner but thanks to the above linked Toledo Blade article, there's no time like the present!
Joe has decided to run for the seat that was Bob McCloskey's and that Lourdes Santiago was appointed to fill until November. On a personal note, I've had the opportunity to meet Joe and while I haven't talked to him in depth, I was impressed by some of his questions/statements at events we were both at prior to this announcement.
In looking at the quality of candidates known thus far to be running for this one seat, it says great things about our Toledo area. On the Republican side we have Dave Schulz who I also know personally to be a fantastic man who is respected by many of us, Republican, Democratic and Independent. On the Democratic side we have Lourdes Santiago and Bob Vasquez who was the next highest vote getter in the last Toledo City Council election and now of course, Joe McNamara. The Toledo Blade article also mentions David Davison and Stephen Ward. I believe David Davison is a retired policeman and a Republican, I'm not sure if Stephen Ward is the same one associated with the Northgate Community Church or if he and I are related, both being "Ward's" and knowing there are quite a few members of family from my father's side that I have not met. Nor is it clear if Stephen Ward is affiliated with a political party from the Toledo Blade article. More details will follow and perhaps some of our readers might have more information.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
14 comments:
McNamara's entry into this race should make for some very interesting scrambles.
I'd agree with that, it's going to be interesting to see what happens next.
:-)
This is the line-up
Nov. 06 - Special - One At-Large Seat to serve thru '09
Santiago (D) - appointee
Vasquez (D)
McNamara (D)
Shulz (R)
Ward?
Davison?
Nov. 2007 - All District Races
One - Brown (D)
Two - open seat (ludeman termed out)
Three - Craig (D)
Four - Ashford (D)
Five - Grachek (D)
Six - Birmingham (R)
Nov. 2009 - Mayor & At-Large
Shultz (R)
Szollosi (D)
Sobczak (d)
Sarantou (R)
Copeland (D)
and winner of 06 Special (?)
Thanks Frank, I appreciate you providing the information for Kate and everyone else.
I just got home from painting at the soon to be new residence a short time ago and was writing my Blog it column.
:-)
Will Shultz and Sarantau not be term limited in 09?
Shultz will, if we still have term limits that mean anything.
George would be on his third term in 2009.
I should add - I think both anonymous's are correct that Betty should be termed out in 2009.
yes, Shultz will be termed out in 09
I can already see some of you anticipating significant changes in Council's makeup.
IMO, it ain't gonna happen.
I've been too disappointed too many times to expect "We the Sheeple" to vote for any meaningful change. . .
:-(
Somehow this came to mind after Hooda's comment...
Anticipation
:-)
McNamara is a really motivated man. Keith Wilkowski really supports him along with Judy Stone. If you have any questions about his political stance you can leave a post on the yahoo group page http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mcnamaraforcouncil/ or e-mail the campaign at mcnamarafortoledo@hotmail.com. My name is Caroline Gauger and I am a UT student serving as his press secretary and you can ask me questions at carolinegauger@yahoo.com as well.
Thanks Carolyn, there have been quite a few people searching for information on Joe since the announcement was made. I appreciate you stopping sharing the contact information.
:-)
Make that...I appreciate you stopping by...
:-)
Post a Comment