This week's Sojourner's Truth is on line (linked above) and again features "The View from BGSU's University Hall" by Jack Ford.
The former Mayor first goes back 25 years to describe a meeting with he and several others that included the current Mayor Carty Finkbeiner.
I'd recommend reading the whole article as he touches on several aspects as well as giving what he feels is good advice that I also agree with.
I'm off to do more painting so I hope all of you enjoy your day as well.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
11 comments:
At least 50% of the leaders at the meeting learned the lesson.
yes, well, Jack Ford also had a policy that said you couldn't take a leave of absence from your city job and get paid at another job, but when his staff person and another one in city council wanted to do just that and work as paid staffers on democrat campaigns, he conveniently overlooked his own policy.
Wonder how his ethics commission would justify that?
Very interesting.
Don't forget that Jack defied the will of the people by giving away the Edison Steamplant to his freind/benefactor Jim Jackson. That's clearly a serious conflict of interest, and it is UNETHICAL.
Don't forget that Jack took $30,000 (3 checks worth $10,000 each) of taxpayer money for the TOLEDO WORKS: JACK FORD, MAYOR program. Since when can a poltician take taxpayer money and use it to finance a "stealth politcal campaign?"
Isn't this the same Jack Ford who ignored the gang problem in Toledo until it hit critical mass with the October Riot? Who's he working for: the citizens or the gangs (e.g. Dexter Boyz)?
My reason for posting this wasn't to imply that Jack Ford was without his faults; it was because I read his column every week and I post it here to share with everyone...Ford detractors as well as Ford admirers and those in between. In my opinion this part of the article alone was worth a recommend:
Did you know that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of advisory opinions by the Ohio Ethics Commission. Most Ohio politicians have not taken the time to read them all. Someone should publish them in a book and make it available to office holders.
However, the best, and simplest, guideline on ethics I ever heard came from the aforementioned Governor Rhodes. Rhodes used to tell his cabinet, “don’t fool with the help, keep your hand out of the till and pay your taxes.”
That’s pretty good advice even years later.
:-)
anonymous writes: Don't forget that Jack took $30,000 (3 checks worth $10,000 each) of taxpayer money for the TOLEDO WORKS: JACK FORD, MAYOR program
When does his trial begin? Have I missed something in the news? Please advise, anonymous.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050322/NEWS16/503220341
Liberal_Dem:
I hope that's enough proof. Don't forget that Bob Frantz talked about this story a LOT, too.
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050322/NEWS16/503220341
Liberal_Dem:
I hope that's enough proof. Don't forget that Bob Frantz talked about this story a LOT, too.
http://www.toledoblade.com/
apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=
/20050322/NEWS16/503220341
This should work:
Link for anonymous
It's kind of tricky to get links to work on blogger. You have to use the a href= html code.
:-)
That was VERY interesting and very good advice.
Everyone in public service would do well to read and heed Smilin Jack's advice.
Post a Comment