Those of you who read my Blog it, Toledo column might have stopped by to visit Larry Farren's blog. This week's Toledo City Paper has an article about some of the problems that these South Toledo residents have been going thru and a few solutions.
Larry's blog is mentioned as a part of the article and Larry writes about meeting the reporter on his blog.
I am a former South Ender, about to be an again South Ender since that's where the house we are moving into is. Both my mother and my father were born and raised in the South end, my father lived on Ralph. My mother lived on Copeland.
It's a long article, but I recommend it and I'm proud of these South Enders for trying to take back their neighborhood.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks do (I was spending time with the hubby).
I'm laughing because I grew up in the Beverly part of the South End. I attended Beverly Elementary.
We aren't moving into that part of South Toledo though, our house will be near Highland park. I have always wanted to live by the Zoo, maybe that will be the next house, some of the homes over there are fantastic.
Lisa,
"I have always wanted to live by the Zoo..."
On a steamy August day/evening with little to no breeze, you might easily regret that wish ;-)
Post a Comment