Yes that is cheesy yet I couldn't get the movie line "May the Schwartz be with you" from my head when I read the above linked Toledo Blade article.
While I'm not sure I agree with Liberal_Dem's Duct Tape idea, I do have to wonder about the salary difference from what Brian Schwartz earned working for the Port Authority versus what he will get paid to work for Mayor Carty Finkbeiner as Communication Director. While I can see why Brian would not want to take a pay reduction, an increase of $14,000 is a bit of a hefty raise in income, especially since $78,000 as a yearly salary is $9,500 above the top salary rate in the Toledo Municipal Code.
I'm also curious to see if the Communication Director actually reaches out to communicate with us. Does he use the internet for more than checking email? Is he reading this right now? If so....HI BRIAN! :-)
While I think we all agree communication is important and it's nice to have someone who is a big fan of yours working for you, I really have to question the salary. I'm also wondering if these could be useful...
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
4 comments:
Maybe all of that will change now that the Schwartz is with us. He could almost be considered a golden Schwartz...
:-)
Lisa-
The T-shirt might be a great fund-raiser item for local politicians or for anyone [like me] who occasionally confronts Carty.
Today's Blade reports that City Council may be looking into the $9,500 pay hike for Carty's new spinmeister.
Don't worry, though, it's OK. Bob Reinbolt said so. Carty's got a red pencil and can red line these little problems like an unauthorized pay hike.
Sounds like we ought to put Schwartz's mustache on Carty.
How did Schwartz get his own tee-shirt so quickly?
Was Carty the Passionate behind this?
I'm highly suspicious as this smacks of favoritism and influence pedaling :-)
Q. Does the Schwartz tee-shirt have a pull string in the back like the "Taylor" one does?
Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»
Post a Comment