Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The serious and not so serious side of me on Nookular Option

Yesterday I spent some time on air with Don and Anthony on one of my favorite local radio shows, Nookular Option which is on WXUT, every Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m. The title link is the direct page to be able to download the podcast of yesterday's show.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's recent death is the first segment then at about 25:18, it's the segment that I'm on. Blogging is the first topic, a little what's been going on here on Glass City Jungle then we move on to talking about anonymous commentors and some experiences here and on a few other local blogs. At about 35:18 the topic moves on to Learn and Earn and some creative ideas for other vices that could be used to raise funds. As always it was a great time being part of the show which if you listen? I think you'll hear that. :-)

Kind of in line with what we were talking about as far as blogging, with a curtsy to Jill over at Writes Like She Talks for this article with advice for reporters on net communication including blogging, yet could be useful for all of us.

Then the last segment, this article that Don mentioned for the part of the podcast on the article "Using Children as God's Army", which starts at about 56:29 timewise on the podcast for those interested in that section. While that's not a topic I get into here on this blog, the link might be of interest to those of you who take a listen.

If you don't live close enough to get the signal thru WXUT, you can listen thru streaming audio when the show is on or by podcast.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be the first one to point out that I say "exactly" more than I ever realized.

:-)

Jill said...

Sounds like fun. :) How'd you like your voice?

Unknown said...

Eh, I'm used to my voice on the air though I forget when I'm on that maybe I don't want to do my little "voices" :-)

Long ago in another life before children I used to be in a band and I did a few tv/radio things before. TV is much harder for me to deal with. It's one thing if you think you say something that later you think OMG that was stupid, but if you make a funny face or something without thinking? That's worse - lol

It's always fun to be a part of their show though.

:-)

Scott said...

Hey, Lisa

Thanks for the promo. You're always an engaging guest. If you're so inclined, there will probably be some opportunities to co-host here ant there in the fall. We're also looking forward to the upcoming visit from an "Earn & Learn" rep.

And Kate, you haven't missed anything. We record the show on my Mac, and every episode is available by podcast. Follow the link Lisa's provided.

Cheers!!

Unknown said...

Don, that would be something I would enjoy. I don't think anyone has ever called me "engaging" before.

You do a great job at making each week new and interesting.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

This is yet another first for me.

Although I found the intro somewhat polarizing, the show itself was quite informative and yes, entertaining.

(Except for that "Lisa" guest. She was having waaay too much fun.)

;-)

Unknown said...

lol - yes, she was having wayyy to much fun.

:-)