Thursday, June 22, 2006

Joe McNamara ad premiers Sunday but you can see it now...

As per an email I just received from Joe, he is releasing it first to the blogosphere. Since I know some of you don't like to do the direct download thing, I've uploaded the commercial to You Tube so that you can view it below.





My opinion? Nicely done for a first ad as far as his intro message...Joe also states a website is on the way.

:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a TV ad this early? It's clever and he looks like a choir boy.

So... Vasquez is on the A Team with Ford. Santiago is on the B Team with Carty. McNamara's challenging them both - it's just like Wilkowski's campaign.

But he's got the same problem as Wilkowski too: can he win?

And with at least three Dems running, can Schulz win?

Anonymous said...

But he's got the same problem as Wilkowski too: can he win?

If I am not mistaken, Keith Wilkowski (former Toledo mayoral candidate, former City of Toledo Law Director, former Lucas County Commissioner, former member of the Toledo Board of Education, former Chairman of the Lucas County Democratic Party, and son of former State Representative and Judge in the 6th District Court of Appeals Art Wilkowki) is the chairman of Joe McNamara's campaign committeee.

Anonymous said...

duh - silly me.
The information about Keith Wilkowski that I just wrote was in the Glass City Jungle June 20, 2006 entry.
tsk, tsk. slap my ears and hit my head.

Back on topic though, that is a good ad by McNamara. Thanks for the heads up.

Unknown said...

That's okay Roland, you did add a few :-)

Anonymous brings up the question we don't know the answer to. Will a three way Democratic split be an issue? Will it help Dave? Will Joe's not idenfying as being of either "team" help him? Dave could be the beneficiary of the split, Joe could be the beneficiary of people being tired of the A vs B team mentality.

It's too soon to tell, but it is a good ad and I thank Joe for releasing it to us before it hits the airwaves.

:-)

liberal_dem said...

I wonder where he got the $$$ for that ad this early in his campaign?

I'd suggest that the "I'm an attorney" line needs to go as that makes the 2nd attorney running and the 3rd attorney [Ellen Grachek] altogether.

What 'special' talent does an attorney bring to a city council seat?

Anonymous said...

LD - It might just be by way of saying "I'm a smart guy" but of course we know that's not true of all lawyers.

Personally I like the independence message. Or is it a unity message? Either way, running it shows moxie.

Anonymous said...

Advertising early makes sense if you expect the airwaves to be saturated with ads by the time October comes along.

How many of us actually heed the ads by that time? Don't you just tune them out?

So now we have the C-Team?

liberal_dem said...

"So now we have the C-Team?"

A-Team: anti-Kest movement

B-Team: B-movie theme

C-Team Can't we all get along?

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Well it certainly looks like more new blood is trying to flow into political process locally, which is good, especially if the younger candidates can check their mentor's bad habits at the door and be about the business of government first and party last.
BTW, is there any new, young blood from the Republicans turning up yet?

Both sides (if we MUST have sides) need new blood, new ideas, and new, fresh attitudes.