If you haven't been down to the Greek Festival - Tomorrow is the last day and it's Family Day so admission is only a dollar. The music is great, the atmosphere family friendly and the food? Always excellent. If you've never been there or if you want more information visit the title link.
My husband made me promise that if we went I would not spend more than five minutes with each person talking politics, which was a challenge but I succeeded. Joe McNamara was there, I know Jim Nusbaum was because I saw people wearing his stickers but he might have been gone by the time we got there. I also heard Lourdes Santiago was there earlier too. Judge Linda Jennings was serving up the Pastichio. Ben Konop was there, he and his parents and a few Konop supporters had some extra room at their table so we sat with them to eat mass quanitites of Greek food. My personal favorite is the Pastichio then the Cheese pies or Tiropita to be precise. George Sarantou who is the one of the many people who work very hard to make the Greek Festival such a success was there and I had a chance to say hello to him before we left. I think I also spotted Harry Barlos...
I'm thinking of visiting again tomorrow...maybe I'll actually have room to try the Baklava Sundae....
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment