Friday, September 15, 2006

Out with the old poll, no more polls (updated)

Well our first unofficial poll kind of had mixed reviews. It didn't end up being quite what I had expected as far as being able to gauge where the regular readers of the blog stood on the Toledo City Council race but? Here are the results before it's replaced with a new poll:

Joe McNamara 21% with 44 votes
Lourdes Santiago 20% with 40 votes
Dave Schulz 38% with 77 votes
Bob Vasquez 12% with 25 votes
Undecided 4% with 8 votes
I don't live in Toledo 6% with 12 votes

One complaint that is a valid one was that since only one vote per ip address can be registered that if more than one person using the same computer wanted to vote it wasn't possible and some work places where there are more than one person who reads the blog were limited.

This new poll is set up so that is not an issue. So the new poll question is:

Focusing only on the contested races for the Lucas County which judicial candidate have you seen the most information on?

Candidates are listed in alphabetical order and the poll will be up for one week. I gave each candidate one vote to test out the software.


:-)

Sigh...Well it's obvious we can't do polls. I tried to make it so that people who were working in the same office would be able to vote but we had one person who decided to submit multiple votes within a one minute period from the same ip address. The whole purpose of this poll was to see who had name recognition so I'd see who I might want to give a little more focus to from an informational standpoint.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

The best laid plans of mice & bloggers :-(