Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Frank Szollosi Media Release 'Buy Local, Fly Local'

Received from Frank this morning:

Jobs & Investment At Stake In Airport Fight Port study documents $82 million economic hit to community

Seeking to turn around the 16% decline in air travel at Toledo Express this year, as well as recover tens of millions of dollars for local development, City Councilman Frank Szollosi will hold a media availability this afternoon at 3:00pm, first floor, One Government Center to discuss his plans to ask City Council and the Mayor to do more to support our local airport, including requiring official City air travel to utilize Toledo Express.

Szollosi serves as Vice Chair of Council's Economic Development Committee.

He also was kind enough to send the pdf report done for the Port Authority entitled, "Economic Impact of Passenger Traffic Loss".

If you'd like a copy, email me at glasscityjungle@gmail.com and I'll be happy to forward it to you. It makes some very interesting points.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I will send my request when I'm at my other connection ;-)

Comment:
On the tube last night, I heard ONE positive campaign ad, Joe McNamara's.

Everything else was negative ads AGAINST candidates, proudly sponsored by the EVIL Parties.

It has been duly noted...