Blog it Toledo is up with a day late Happy Birthday to Scott over at Republispin.
This week's Toledo Free Press cover story written by Michael Miller was a hard one for me to read. It brought back painful memories for me of events in my own life. I know from personal experience how hard it is to lose children. I can only imagine the added grief and pain a family goes thru when that child has been murdered.
Then Michael turns to focusing on his pirate days. I remember turning 40...arghhh
My favorite sports blogger, Matt Sussman isn't quite ready to rumble and there is of course many more fanastic articles awaiting you in this week's Toledo Free Press so don't forget to visit on line and pick up your copy this week.
:-)
I should also add I inadvertently did not mention Matt as being also responsible for some of the great posts over on The Infinite Dia(b)louge. I apologize for making him feel left out.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
4 comments:
BUT . . . check out Suss' blog. There's more than a comment or two encouraging Matt to take the WC Rumble up on its offer. (I'm among the ones egging him on.)
I glanced through Michael's piece. Couldn't bring myself to read the details of the children's murders (other than what's on the cover). I get so worked up, heartbroken and/or enraged reading about the death of any child.
My heart, sympathies and prayers go out to any parent that has suffered such a loss.
-- Mike
Mike, I joined in the fun, but I think we should have asked if Matt has good health insurance...
:-)
On the serious note of the cover story I agree. I hope that by re-creating this group it does help though that kind of pain never goes away. It does however help to have people to talk to who understand.
Thanks Lisa, for the update. If the FP is ever looking for another sports writer, have them give me a call. - Matt from ID
I'm sorry to say that, besides slacking on my blogging, I had inadvertently missed some of the most recent TFP issues.
I'll have to go to the archives, I guess ;-)
Post a Comment