Yesterday, Bob Vasquez held a community forum . Larry Dillin was his guest.
The Blade had no coverage of the event today but they did write about it yesterday to let readers know it was taking place.
Fox 36 covered the event, and they talked with Bob even though there doesn't appear to be a print version of the report.
NBC24 did not even mention Bob Vasquez at all in their coverage of this forum. If you watched or read the news at 24 you'd think that Larry Dillin did this all on his own. The video is also at the news story link.
Neither 11 or 13 have any information on their websites since I watched 24 I have no idea what type if coverage they gave the forum.
If you watched 11 or 13 at eleven, please post what you saw.
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
6 comments:
As residents of the area, my husband and I attended the meeting. Ch 24 video taped a good share of the event and when most left, asked if they could interview me and then they interviewed Bob V. I was very surprised by the news coverage as there was no mention of Bob as the organizer of the entire event. His volunteers passed out the fliers in the neighborhoods and were in force at the event helping throughout. Had it not been for Bob, there would not have been an event. Hard to understand the logic.
I agree Karen, it is hard to follow the logic. Interviewing other people to get their reactions is great but you'd think they would feel it was important enough to credit the person who organized the forum.
I was at last nights meeting. We were there because we received a flyer from one of many of Bobs volunteers. Before Larry Dillin arrived Bob Vasquez gave a very inspiring speech about why he want to be on city council. We were very impressed.
As for channel 24's coverage, there is no logic.
I thought the same thing Christine, I watched the video again because I thought maybe I had missed something last night.
They didn't even have Bob in any of the video they showed.
Anybody think that if Joe McNamara would have done this, it would have been front page in the Blade?
The Blade did cover this event, at least from the aspect of letting people know it was happening.
Why they didn't cover it afterwards I can't answer but at least they gave Bob credit for arranging the community forum which is more than 24 did.
Post a Comment