I've been watching this story with interest because while it's not local, I respect Jeff and this is not the first time a blogger has gone thru having a photograph taken from their blog and used without permission by a campaign.
Ted Wendling had a bit of creative fun at the beginning of the article:
Jeff Coryell, a lefty political blogger from Cleveland Heights who uses the moniker Yellow Dog Sammy, is treating Republican state Rep. Earl "Marty" Martin and three Cleveland TV stations like a fire hydrant.
Fed up with Martin's refusal to stop running a TV ad that uses a photograph of his Democratic challenger, Elyria Assistant Safety-Service Director Matt Lundy, that appears to have been lifted from Coryell's Web site, Coryell has sicced his legal beagle on the stations and the production house hired by the Ohio House Republican Campaign Committee.
It appears this might be resolved with the update that's listed. Let's hope so, and let's hope that the next time someone decides to use a photo in a campaign ad that it's one that they've gotten permission to use.
:-)
If you are not as old as dirt like I am and don't know where the title of this post came from? I'm not really crazy..
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
3 comments:
The "legal beagle" in this case is none other than Subodh Chandra.
I won't mess with him for nuthin'.
Hi Ho, Silver. Away! Starring Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels as the Lone Ranger and his faithful companion, Tonto.
To visit those days of yesteryear. Ah, I remember it well. As a very young child in the 1950s, I saw Clayton Moore in his Lone Ranger persona at the Colony Theater. What a thrill that was!
I'll never forget my son asking my father if he was alive when the dinosaurs were on the earth.
:-)
Post a Comment