Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bob Vasquez to hold Community Forum with Larry Dillin

A Press Release from the Bob Vasquez for Toledo City Council campaign and also in the Toledo Blade:

Candidate Bob Vasquez to host Town Hall Meeting, featuring special guest developer Larry Dillin, on Southwyck and South Toledo Issues this Thursday

Bob Vasquez, At-Large Toledo City Council candidate, will host a town hall meeting on Thursday evening to discuss the future of Southwyck Mall and other South Toledo issues. His special guest will be developer Larry Dillin.

Mr. Vasquez has canvassed the surrounding neighborhoods to invite the citizens to ask questions, listen, and get an update on the progress of the mall.

The town hall meeting, which will be held at a South Toledo restaurant, is expected to draw neighbors and members of the community who are interested in Southwyck and the revitalization of Toledo.

This is being held tonight at 6:00 p.m. at Dave’s Home-Cooked Foods which is located at 1855 South Reynolds Road.

UPDATE: Karen Shanahan was able to attend the Community Forum tonight and she has a blog post about it

UPDATE 2: Liberal Dem was there as well and has more information too.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I still go to Southwyck, I was just there recently to take Aubrey to get her hair cut. I used to work at the mall when I was a teenager - back when Olde Town was a part of the mall.

So it is sad to see it the way it is right now but hopefully that should start to change soon.

I'm going to try to be there too, it's short notice for me but I'm working on it.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

I live just about 1 mile from Southwyck and haven't set foot in it for 15+ years.

Hopefully this project will give me a reason to reverse that.

Any feedback on the meeting???

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lee Conklin had Bob on his show this morning.

Bob looked a little nervous, but he came across as genuine.

Unknown said...

I heard Bob was on this morning but I tuned in too late. I am not yet in the habit of watching the Sunday political talk shows. Yes, it seems strange considering I'm such a political junkie but I'm not a big tv person. I also heard he did a good job.

:-)

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Ah yes, a basic distrust of the television media types... ;-)

Occasionally, Lee has some very good segments.