Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pack the Park, Riverfest and Joe McNamara

As stated below - today was a busy day as far as things to do here in Toledo. Miguel, Aubrey and I started our afternoon by going over to Swan Creek Metropark for the Metroparks of the Toledo Area Pack the Parks event. Thanks to the Andersons $1.00 picnic lunches were served (which included my favorite Loft's cookies) and the parks that were participating each had a different genre of music. We picked Swan Creek because it is the closest park to us and were entertained by Hepcat Revival. After taking the blue walking trail for a little over a mile jaunt thru the park we headed home.

Then a few hours later we headed down to Riverfest, which was organized by Citifest for the Disco by the River. Whoever said Disco was Dead was very wrong, as Disco Inferno demonstrated many Toledo area residents (yeah me too) could still shake their booty. For a second night in a row we ran into Toledo City Council Candidate Joe McNamara who was down at the Riverfest doing some meeting and greeting. It's obvious Joe is putting a lot of hours into getting out there to meet people and that we have the same taste in events to attend. Yes, Aubrey was happy.

Then after some refreshments, me being a fan of Daryl's Ice Cream and Aubrey a Dipping Dots fan, Miguel the handcut french fries, more musical enjoyment, and a very awesome fireworks display by Pandemonium VII Fireworks. The crowd seemed to enjoy both the music and the fireworks. When we were walking to our car, having decided to try to drive down rather than take the bus this time, I heard many people commenting on how it was the best firework display they had ever seen.

Parking was a bit tricky at first with both a game and Riverfest but we managed to find a nice lot that was only charging $3.00 to park. Personally though TARTA seems to be even easier. We actually would have walked a shorter distance to take the bus than we did tonight driving the car.

Miguel took pictures of today but I haven't uploaded them yet, when I do I'll update with a link.

Tomorrow morning Aubrey and I will be at the Labor Day Parade so I will update with a post and photos after we get back home.

1 comment:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

And, that's why I come here, to find out how the other half lives ;-)