While I do believe in the power of positive thought, not sure what I think about this article in the Toledo Blade entitled, "Visualizing going to polls boosts turnout rate, study finds":
Lisa Libby, an assistant professor of psychology, says 90 percent of the 77 people who visualized themselves voting from this third-person perspective the night before the 2004 presidential election actually did so.
Among those who used a first-person visualization, only 72 percent went on to cast a ballot.
Obviously this won't work for the over 20,000 people so far here in Lucas County who have sent in absentee ballots...we don't want them to try to vote twice.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
3 comments:
Actually, I've won the "Online UK Lottery" 3 dozen times. Funny thing...no matter how many "filing fees" I send in, my "winnings" never get transferred into my bank account. Hmm...
Every time I vote, and I vote every time, I imagine all of those I voted for winning.
I admit it's a masochistic form of self delusion, but it's my only escape from reality.
Post a Comment