It appears the Toledo Free Press is back in action after a brief period of downtime due to some technical difficulties. Blog it Toledo isn't back yet on line but it should be again soon. Meanwhile, this week's edition has several very good articles about last year's riots that I highly recommend. Michael Miller has a very thought provoking opinion piece and I also recommend Keith Bergman's article.
If the Toledo Free Press alone and their numerous other articles aren't enough to demonstrate why it's so important to have a varied print media, anyone who is skeptical only needs to visit some of the other media sources linked on the side bar, such as Toledo City Paper and their political information and Sojourner's Truth who in addition to Jack Ford's article has an article about Bob Vasquez's being given the Toledo Police endorsement. There is also an article I recommend about Sherrod Brown.
I very strongly believe that having access to many different viewpoints makes us all more informed and a better community.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Seth, ignored and forgotten;
I am fifty this year and I have to say that this is column is a rehash of the same old stuff.
American's, some not all, are more concerned with the world "problems" then our own.
Who appointed us the world cop? America is but a little over 200 years old and America has the answers for the world? When the column points out our own inabilities to clean up own act before telling others what is wrong theirs.
The leaders of the country since I was old enough to remember them as a child have had and continue to feel and act as they can control the future and our destiny by acting for today and not tomorrow.
They act as all so-called good they is that; good.
One needs only to read history from many authoritative sources to see that all that the leaders have done have not turned out as planned and many plans have culminated into full blown disasters and we are now paying the price.
If we could sit at the world table and be part of the greater world community then maybe we could do some good.
Lisa,
Thanks to your "enlightening" me, I read at least selected portions of 3-5 of the available print media, online.
Thank you for advocating.
Post a Comment