The Westgate Neighbors and the League of Women Voters of Toledo-Lucas County sponsored two debates tonight. The first one was between the two Lucas County Commissioner candidates; Ben Konop and George Sarantou. The second was was for the candidates running for the one at large Toledo City Council seat. All of the canidates were invited, all stated they would attend. However, only four candidates appeared tonight, Joe McNamara, James Mohn, Dave Schulz and Bob Vasquez. At first it was thought that Lourdes Santiago and David Davison just might be running late but they did not appear.
I have pages of notes from tonight and I did tape the closing statements of all of the candidates both Commissioner and Toledo City Council that I will transcribe in full so it's very doubtful I will have this done tonight. What I have planned at this moment is transcribing tonight and linking any tv media coverage and the coverage by the Toledo Blade then supplementing that from what information I have in my notes rather than duplicating information that is being provided.
I thought the turnout was pretty good and the quality of the questions from the audience was very impressive. Those in attendance were asked to write their questions on index cards which were collected thru out both debates then asked. Infact there were so many questions asked that it was not possible to ask all of them.
So...more specific details will follow tomorrow and I want to thank both the Westgate Neighbors and the League of Women Voters for arranging this debate tonight and all of those who attended both citizen, candidates and candidate supporters.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
1 comment:
I'll be interested in your follow-up Lisa.
First of all though, it is interesting to make note of who chose not to show ;-)
Post a Comment