Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sherrod Brown V Mike Dewine Debate and Sherrod's afterparty

I attended tonight's debate not in my capacity as a blogger, though I am blogging about some of it. I was with the Sherrod Brown supporters tonight both outside when Sherrod was arriving and seated inside on the Sherrod side of the auditorium and we went to the after party at the TFT Union and as you'll see I was wearing my t-shirt that Jesse gave me. There are pictures before the event, only one from inside (we were told we weren't supposed to have cameras) and some at the TFT union here.

So this post is not a political review of the debate, I'm not going to try to be unbiased in this post. I fully and honestly admit that I am a big fan of:



She is of course not running for office but I admire what she is doing and how she is supporting her husband's dream of being a US Senator.


I promise not to go on about Connie too much, except to say it was awesome to be able to see her again at the afterparty and I thank her for not only what she said to my daughter but for signing a sign for her. Aubrey wanted Connie's signature then later got Sherrod's. Yes, Aubrey is a fan of Connie too, she told me in the car she wants a copy of Connie's new book when it's done. :-)

As I sat there tonight at the debate, despite some of the negativity, I felt proud to be a part of what our democracy is, which is what tonight was all about. Both candidates having the chance to have their say, leaving it up to us as voters to decide who we believe and who we want to support. I wish there would have been more actual answers to some of the questions, but I also know that's politics...

I haven't watched the tape yet, I'll do that later and then get back into my "normal" blogger mode for Glass City Jungle.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I think this is a lovely post, Lisa Renee. Thanks. And your daughter - wow - she is just learning such great things by being with you, watching these folks and the process. No one is perfect - Sherrod Brown included (I'm not happy with the torture vote or his failure - yet anyway - to take a stand on Issue 3) but to at least have our brightest people dedicate a life and brain that could go to so many other less personal endeavors that involve so much less scrutiny in the public eye - for that, I really admire nearly every political candidate. I actually thank these people for running, since I know that while I like to comment from the sidelines, I doubt I'd ever run for anything, or get elected for anything, myself.

As messed up as Ohio is and seems to be, there are plenty of worthy people to support, if we just look and work.

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Great post Lisa!

Thank you for covering these events ;-)