Thursday, October 12, 2006

McNamara proposes "Ceasefire Initiative"

This from the Joe McNamara for Toledo City Council campaign:

Democrat Joe McNamara Proposes "Ceasefire Initiative" To Confront Gang Problem

City council candidate calls for appointment of “Gang Czar” to lead coordinated intervention and prevention efforts, reiterates need to put more police on the street
Toledo, OH – Democrat Joe McNamara will hold a press conference today, Thursday, October 12, at 1 PM in front of the Public Safety Building in downtown Toledo to announce his “Ceasefire Initiative,” a series of steps the city can take to stem the growth of gangs, reclaim our neighborhoods, and empower young people.

Central to McNamara’s proposal is his call for the appointment of a city “Gang Czar” to coordinate existing community efforts relating to gang intervention and youth crime prevention. Additionally, he is calling for taking tangible steps to strengthen the city’s Blockwatch program, for putting more police on the street, and for developing a Youth Master Plan for the city of Toledo.

“It’s time for a ceasefire,” says McNamara. “We need to aggressively confront Toledo’s gang problem and provide youth with positive alternatives.”

4 comments:

liberal_dem said...

The only remaining question is just how large will his photo be in tomorrow's Blade?

Unknown said...

I only read the Blade online so I don't pay much attention to the size of the photo or even where it's located. I know you can click on their link to see what's on the front page but I don't bother to do that very often either.

I don't think they have covered all of his releases - I don't think they've covered all of anyone's releases but I haven't gone back thru all of Joe's or Dave's since they have sent out the most to see exactly what the "score" is of press releases sent versus percentage written in the Blade.

For me the remaining question will be will the Blade ask all of the other five candidates for comments now that they did ask James Mohn and David Davison for their response to Dave Schulz's press conference/release this week.

:-)

Anonymous said...

So who does Joe have in mind to be Toledo's "Gang Czar?" Jack Ford? LOL

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

Lisa,

When I first read the title, I thought Joe was proposing a political cease fire, for the remainder of this election cycle.

But then, I realized that such a proposal/request wouldn't last a nanosecond in the current political climate. . .