Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Zogby is doing a local poll for the Blade...

I just got the phone call from Zogby.

The typical questions such as if the election were held today on the senate race and the gubernatorial race, (only choices were Strickland or Blackwell). Then if the election were held today on some of the local races, Commissioner, Auditor and Toledo City Council (all six candidates were given)

An interesting question as to if the election were today would you vote for Carty Finkbeiner or Jack Ford.

Then your rating on only the local candidates for Commissioner, Auditor and Toledo City Counci to somewhat or very favorable or not at all favorable. Carty was included in this question.

Next was did you think the City was heading in the right direction or on the wrong track, the same question was then asked about the County.

The Zoo Issue and Cosi were the only two issues that were asked if you supported or did not support.

There was also an additional question as to if I or any member of my house belonged to a union.

How I know the Blade is involved is I was asked if I would be willing to talk to a reporter about my responses, when I said yes, I was told if a reporter was interested in talking with me they would be from the Toledo Blade.

So...it will be interesting to see when the results come out what they are.

:-)

7 comments:

Hooda Thunkit (Dave Zawodny) said...

So, did they actually tell you it was for the blade, or was this deduced?

I can never get them to tell me who's behind these polls, but I can usually figure it out, or guess pretty close ;-)

I would probably have been disqualified, because I refused to cast a vote for either Carty or Ford in that election and I wouldn't pick either one now.

Unknown said...

She said she was from Zogby and then at the end when she said if a reporter contacted me it would be from the Blade, I knew the Blade contracted with Zogby.

So it was a conclusion I made since I doubt another media outlet would pay Zogby then give contact info to the Blade.

You could have just not answered that question...

:-)

Unknown said...

I should also point out they didn't ask about any of the House races which I thought was a bit strange.

Maggie said...

The Blade usually does a poll around this time of the year...and they've used Zogby in the past.

Unknown said...

That is very true Maggie, part of my excitement was I'm not usually called and I thought some of the questions were interesting.

:-)

Maggie said...

Lisa - hopefully they were pretty generic and not asked in such a way as to prompt a specific response. Not that YOU'D fall for something like that....

Unknown said...

The person that called me did a very nice job, the way I imagine polls are supposed to be done.

:-)