This week's edition of Sojourner's Truth has two more Toledo City Council Candidates in their series of interviews being done by Tamir A. Shaw. Dave Schulz is featured this week and the article covers a great deal of information about Dave and his beliefs. I'd have to say one quote I found especially noteworthy was:
“An open, transparent, ethical government is the foundation to a flourishing economy,”
As to why Dave feels he is the best candidate for this Toledo City Council spot?
Schulz believes that he is the best candidate for the at-large seat because he has private sector, business experience that the other council members are lacking.
“Right know we have too many lawyers, career politicians, career bureaucrats, and not enough people who work in the real world,” Schulz quipped.
“My purchasing experience really gives me a lot of experience on how to balance budgets, how to spend money wisely and creatively. Our tough financial times require someone who has that experience,” he said.
Bob Vasquez was also featured in this week's Sojourner's Truth. Bob outlined his ideas and areas he would like to see changed to make Toledo a better city. He also shared why he felt he would be the best candidate for the Toledo City Council spot:
“What we do is we react to crises in the city. Because I have a degree in public administration, I look at government a different way and I want to bring that different way to City Council,” he said.
In fact, Vasquez says that he wants to bring an entirely new approach to the way things are currently done in council with respect to the agenda and proposals that come down from the mayor.
Part of the problem that Vasquez sees with the current system is that there is no defined good business policy or guidelines in place which the council can follow. If elected, he wants to make the development of this plan a priority, with the focal point of the document being what is best for Toledo.
I highly recommend stopping by and reading these articles in full, if you missed last week's interviews with Joe McNamara and Lourdes Santiago, they can be read in the archive pdf.
Tamir A. Shaw has done an excellent job in interviewing these candidates.
:-)
Keeping Your Belongings Safe Through Storms
-
Years ago almost every house was built with some sort of shutter, whether
designed as storm shutters or for security. Granted, most windows during
those d...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Good post, Lisa. I did not know of the interview.
Thanks LD - I found out about it last night.
:-)
Post a Comment